5.7 Million Capital Expenditures for 2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

5.7 Million Capital Expenditures for 2018

Post by rogman »

http://www.killington.com/company/media ... srelease66

Rob Megnin seems to have slipped this under the Kzone radar. Noticed a mention in the World Cup program, and went digging. Highlights:
- 163 new Low E tower guns as well as "other critical system improvements"
- Improved capacity of the Pico Snow making ponds via dredging.
- 3 new grooming tractors (Prinoths)
- Lift upgrades for K1, Superstar, Sunrise, and the Snowdon triple.

A lot of this appears to be already in house.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: 5.7 Million Capital Expenditures for 2018

Post by Highway Star »

YOU'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT.

Meanwhile John Cumming gets a fat stack of your cash and Copper gets a new lift, maybe.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

So, Killington can blatantly lie about what their "capital expenditures" are valued at, but they are accurately reporting their World Cup visits.....?

I bet you it would "cost" them $10 Million dollars to put in a Double Chair.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

You can literally go line by line and point out Killington's utter horse sh*t:

163 new Low E tower guns - PAID FOR BY 'ENERGY EFFICENCY VERMONT', not by Killington

Lift upgrades - Only "upgrade" is to the Snowdon Triple, paid for by KMS. Everything else is LONG OVERDUE maintenance, which is compulsory for a 2nd tier resort like Killington to perform.

Killington has **added** three new grooming tractors to its impressive fleet of snow groomers - Are we sure they aren't leasing these machines, and they are just replacing old with new? They certainly aren't increasing the number of groomers they have.

$1M+ Summer and Bike park improvements. First of all, these are SUMMER improvements. They must be building the most expensive bike trails in the world up there.

Also, if you add up the numbers they provide, I get about $4.5M..........so there's $1.2M of EVEN LESS NOTEWORTHY improvements....?

:roll:

snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I see the only significant upgrade being the snowmaking and South Ridge lift. The rest is just needed for maintenance and doesn't really impact the skiing except for a lower number of lift failures and summer improvements. They are trying to greatly expand the bike park sort of as insurance against a bad winter.

I think Killington needs to be investing way more in lifts. The Ramshead lift needs to be 6-pack, there needs to be a high speed lift on Snowdon, they need a lift newer than 1972 to serve all early season skiing, and both gondolas need mid life overhauls so that they can actually run reliably.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Highway Star wrote:You can literally go line by line and point out Killington's utter horse sh*t:

163 new Low E tower guns - PAID FOR BY 'ENERGY EFFICENCY VERMONT', not by Killington

Lift upgrades - Only "upgrade" is to the Snowdon Triple, paid for by KMS. Everything else is LONG OVERDUE maintenance, which is compulsory for a 2nd tier resort like Killington to perform.

Killington has **added** three new grooming tractors to its impressive fleet of snow groomers - Are we sure they aren't leasing these machines, and they are just replacing old with new? They certainly aren't increasing the number of groomers they have.

$1M+ Summer and Bike park improvements. First of all, these are SUMMER improvements. They must be building the most expensive bike trails in the world up there.

Also, if you add up the numbers they provide, I get about $4.5M..........so there's $1.2M of EVEN LESS NOTEWORTHY improvements....?

Good god....you're a f*** moron....FACT:....you have ZERO ability to verify who and what got paid...and by whom.
Attachments
ahhfuck.jpg
ahhfuck.jpg (24.54 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
Sergio2232
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sergio2232 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
Highway Star wrote:You can literally go line by line and point out Killington's utter horse sh*t:

Good god....you're a f*** moron....FACT:....you have ZERO ability to verify who and what got paid...and by whom.
What a little bitch response!! If most of you werent such morons, maybe you'd have advertisements and real traffic on this site, and an actual photo hosting service, not whatever cheap sh*t was being used. this is where your pos bullying/disrespectful way of doing forum business has gotten you. Nice little club you guys have going here, its real successful
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Sergio2232 wrote:

What a little bitch response!! If most of you werent such morons, maybe you'd have advertisements and real traffic on this site, and an actual photo hosting service, not whatever cheap sh*t was being used. this is where your pos bullying/disrespectful way of doing forum business has gotten you. Nice little club you guys have going here, its real successful
Could be wrong but I don't think it was ever intended to be "successful" in that it made money.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Sergio2232 wrote:

So why are you here? Go away!!
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Sergio2232 wrote:

"...such morons"?.....WAIT!...WAIT!....spoken from the genius....that bought into The Woods?!....Your Honor?...I've just concluded my closing arguements....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Sergio2232 wrote:

"...such morons"?.....WAIT!...WAIT!....spoken from the genius....that bought into The Woods?!....Your Honor?...I've just concluded my closing arguements....

I think Sergio has risen to take the crown as the biggest tool on Kzone!!!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote:
Sergio2232 wrote:

I think Sergio has risen to take the crown as the biggest tool on Kzone!!!
Snotloco is in the top 3

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

....have to laugh.....remember the old joke?....." Anyone hear about the new brand of designer condoms?......Sergio Prevente......"
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

anyone bitching about summer improvements is clueless...the summer program has brought thousands of patrons to a previous summer ghost town...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:anyone bitching about summer improvements is clueless...the summer program has brought thousands of patrons to a previous summer ghost town...
:like