Lindsey Vonn wants to help break the glass ceiling

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

brownman
Postinator

Re: Lindsey Vonn wants to help break the glass ceiling

Post by brownman »

She's following the lead of her old boyfriend :roll:
Tiger's only option getting back was as a faux Hero.

Fortunately, she was able to ski away. :like
She ain't quite done yet.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: Lindsey Vonn wants to help break the glass ceiling

Post by twilkas »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:LAKE LOUISE, Alberta (AP) — Lindsey Vonn fell and crashed into the safety netting on the final turn Friday in the women's season-opening World Cup downhill, handing Austria's Cornelia Huetter the victory.

An 18-time winner at Lake Louise, Vonn was able to get up after the wreck in "Claire's Corner" and ski to the bottom of the course. She was the fastest at each of the four intermediate stages and had a 0.05-second lead when she wiped out.

Vonn did not speak to media and declined autograph-seekers, saying: "I have to go ice my hip."

She later tweeted: "Well that hurt... had a nice lead the whole down but caught my inside ski. I'll be sore tomorrow but will rest up tonight and barring anything major I will be racing. Can't keep me down!"
And she wants to race the men. Very stupid of her and the USSA to waste time over this stunt. She should be concentrating 100% on her recovery from last years injuries and the Olympics, training and finishing races without getting hurt. So far, she hasn't even proved she can beat the ladies. Racing the men is a side show and publicity stunt.
quite agree.