thursday 11/30/2017 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 11/30/2017 report

Post by skiadikt »

another in a series of blue sky days on probably the least crowded day i've seen this season. g.i.s. temps but very windy out there making riding the nrt not a particularly pleasant experience with the winds quickly scouring & polishing those trails. having said that, east fall skied very well on an edgeable flat & fast surface and received a number encores. snowdon skied well with upper chute being the standout. there was some chunkiness on some trail sections with yesterday's hero snow having set up a bit but overall great job by the groomers. highline remains bumped.

the good news, in addition to snowmaking on bittersweet, they were making snow on cascade so with any luck we could see that sometime this weekend in addition to most of the superstar pod and much needed beginner terrain on ramshead. all-in-all shaping up to be the best weekend of the season.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: thursday 11/30/2017 report

Post by MrsG »

Concur :like Upper East Fall WROD . . . East Fall ROD 8)
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Was surprised on first ride up Snowdon quad to see frozen cat tracks on Chute [which had been skiing well last week or so] so I guess they had quite a warmup earlier in the week. Thus, most of the mountain was quite slick. Gentlemen, get your edges ready !

ROTD was Highline - Best bumps of the year, tight and soft [for the most part] top to bottom. As bit of glare ice in the middle section [where it was thin cover last weekend]. Pro Tip: This can be avoided by staying to the right. Worth several encores.

Lower East Fall was better than I was expecting, but a featureless luge run regardless.

For nats, both the Cascade headwall and Ridge Run were officially open. Both skied OK, but not quite as good as earlier in the season. Beware of rocks [that are avoidable] on the CC headwall.

Overall, nothing spectacular but Highline made it more than worth while to be out there.

As already reported, mountain was pretty much empty. Actually got one ride up the Snowdon quad without it stopping or slowing down.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Captain Hafski wrote:Afternoon Report: Was surprised on first ride up Snowdon quad to see frozen cat tracks on Chute [which had been skiing well last week or so] so I guess they had quite a warmup earlier in the week. Thus, most of the mountain was quite slick. Gentlemen, get your edges ready !

ROTD was Highline - Best bumps of the year, tight and soft [for the most part] top to bottom. As bit of glare ice in the middle section [where it was thin cover last weekend]. Pro Tip: This can be avoided by staying to the right. Worth several encores.

Lower East Fall was better than I was expecting, but a featureless luge run regardless.

For nats, both the Cascade headwall and Ridge Run were officially open. Both skied OK, but not quite as good as earlier in the season. Beware of rocks [that are avoidable] on the CC headwall.

Overall, nothing spectacular but Highline made it more than worth while to be out there.

As already reported, mountain was pretty much empty. Actually got one ride up the Snowdon quad without it stopping or slowing down.
the bold pretty much sums up early skiing in general...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....