World Cup Friday, Dec 1

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

World Cup Friday, Dec 1

Post by MrsG »

What fun to have skied over the same blue snow Mikaela and the other World Cup ladies skied on only five days earlier8) Surface was decent but visibility was a challenge. Had SS to ourselves, and raised my poles at the end - would have thrown my ski upright, but figured I'd kill myself :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Did Skylark twice, but had to share with KMS racers!!

There is quite a glacier at the top of Sup to get around to Sky, and very doable 8)

We'll test Rams after this bloody break :wink:
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: World Cup Friday, Dec 1

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Low hanging fog covered the upper mountain peaks. Summit temperature of 28 degrees with last night’s wet weather leaving a higher elevation white coating. Snow guns continue to coat Cascade, Bittersweet with even Ovation Headwall getting some love. Skye Peak is open for the season with Superstar holding onto some of it’s World Cup teeth. Blue ice rocks littered the steep slope reminding all that a race was here a few days ago. Skyelark was the choice of most as the snow was a tad friendlier. Even the Ramshead Quad was running carrying folks up for laps on Caper. Mountain looks great heading into final month of the year.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - Sometimes the ski evaluates the driver.
Attachments
Lower Superstar (3).jpg
Lower Superstar (3).jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Upper Ridge Run (1).jpg
Upper Ridge Run (1).jpg (70.76 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Supestar Headwall.jpg
Supestar Headwall.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 460 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

My souvenir from world cup. Great skiing with GIS. We tailgated in Bay 1 but it was just us and some guys we met that shared their chilli with us. ROTD was west glade. Natural snow is much more fun than man made.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: A really good day at the K! Much better than yesterday.

ROTD was Highline again. Nice bumps all the way down and even a bit creamy on the bottom section.

Although not my favorite, I have to admit that East Fall was also very good. Was good right from the top [blue tees] especially on the right side.

Best snow on the mountain was Cascade Headwall.

Did the obligatory march across the base lodge to the Superstar area with a couple of runs on Skyelark and Superstar. Superstar Headwall skied surprisingly well; we have all seen it worse. Preston's pitch had larger blue / white marbles [about the size of golf balls] to contend with. Quite noisy as well. Skyelark was much better from the groomed surface perspective. The lower section [Sue's Pitch ?] was very good as it had softened up a bit with the ambient temperature.

Caught up with some friends right near the closing bell for a final dark TTB run to our tailgate at the end of bay 3. A bit chilly, but stuck it out for about an hour or so.

Nice day.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!