Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Lessons from Magic

Post by hillbangin »

rogman wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
hillbangin wrote:I don't mind Slowdon - but there's nothing worse than taking that thing up first thing in the AM when it's 10 degrees or colder out. I'd rather wait in line.

Talking out both sides of my mouth......I always take the OL chair to Needles - and will not wait in line for the Burst chair if it's out to the end of the coral.

With an unlimited budget - I'd replace the triple and the Canyon with an HSQ - and leave Slowdon there. Move the canyon chair to south fridge.
Lines went berserko once the SPQ was replaced with a high speed detachable. Expect the same at Snowdon if that gets replaced with a hsq. I hate lift lines. I'd rather take my breaks sitting on my ass on a chair over standing around...guess I'm a single-planker at heart.
You're completely and conveniently ignoring the fact that Nyberg closed the Snowshed Crossover at the same time so Skye Peak Quad was the only way out of Bear. Well, except for the late lamented South Ridge triple, which, then, to double down on his idiocy, Nyberg ripped out. How he was ever given serious decision making responsibility at Killington completely eludes me. Argghhh. Mike is still undoing the damage he did.
The Snowshed Crossover never closed - it was reserved.

Anyone who stood in that 40 minute line to get out of bear at 11 AM because the net was blocking 'most' of the trail is a complete MORON.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

hillbangin wrote:
rogman wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
hillbangin wrote:I don't mind Slowdon - but there's nothing worse than taking that thing up first thing in the AM when it's 10 degrees or colder out. I'd rather wait in line.

Talking out both sides of my mouth......I always take the OL chair to Needles - and will not wait in line for the Burst chair if it's out to the end of the coral.

With an unlimited budget - I'd replace the triple and the Canyon with an HSQ - and leave Slowdon there. Move the canyon chair to south fridge.
Lines went berserko once the SPQ was replaced with a high speed detachable. Expect the same at Snowdon if that gets replaced with a hsq. I hate lift lines. I'd rather take my breaks sitting on my ass on a chair over standing around...guess I'm a single-planker at heart.
You're completely and conveniently ignoring the fact that Nyberg closed the Snowshed Crossover at the same time so Skye Peak Quad was the only way out of Bear. Well, except for the late lamented South Ridge triple, which, then, to double down on his idiocy, Nyberg ripped out. How he was ever given serious decision making responsibility at Killington completely eludes me. Argghhh. Mike is still undoing the damage he did.

Anyone who stood in that 40 minute line to get out of bear at 11 AM because the net was blocking 'most' of the trail is a complete MORON.
Skied The Beast for 142 days last season and the longest lift that I stood in was 16 minutes for the Gondola. In fact any time I see a largest lift line of the year I get in it and start timing. How you people can find 40 minute lift lines is beyond me. I would give up some of my best stashes if someone would show me a real 40 minute lift line at Killington. Longest line for me so far this year is 10 minutes on the North Ridge Triple.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
hillbangin wrote:
rogman wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Skied The Beast for 142 days last season and the longest lift that I stood in was 16 minutes for the Gondola. In fact any time I see a largest lift line of the year I get in it and start timing. How you people can find 40 minute lift lines is beyond me. I would give up some of my best stashes if someone would show me a real 40 minute lift line at Killington. Longest line for me so far this year is 10 minutes on the North Ridge Triple.
Head to Bear at 11:30 Presidents Day weekend on Saturday and maybe MLK Saturday - that's pretty much the only time you'll see it.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
hillbangin wrote:
rogman wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Your not counting waiting for lift to be open on opening day or new years day to get first tracks. In addition, it most likely doesn't hurt your ego to ride a fixed grip lift. Vote Moose a second term.