Saturday Dec 2, 2017

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday Dec 2, 2017

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Started at the Superstar pod and did laps on both Skylark and Superstar. This morning I enjoyed Skylark more than Superstar. After that went over to the K1 and skied a few laps in the Northridge area and Canyon. My favorite there was West Glade (North Ridge). Loved the feeling of skiing on natural snow even if there was not much there. On Snowdon skied all the trails that were opened including Highline which skied OK. Glad the poma was running although it was busy. After lunch, went back over to the Superstar pod via Blue Heaven and Launch Pad. Superstar skied about the same and Skylark was very skied off. The pleasant surprise was an opened Skyhawk. I manage to ski it without hitting any rocks but someone in my party had some major damage to her ski from hitting a rock on Skyhawk. I also enjoyed skiing the Cascade headwall and managed to avoid those rocks there too.

Snowmaking going on Cascade, Bittersweet and one of the trails on Ramshead - not sure if it was Header or Timberline.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Re: Saturday Dec 2, 2017

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

tyrolean_skier wrote: I also enjoyed skiing the Cascade headwall and managed to avoid those rocks there too.
Only skiers of lesser ability would refer to anything at Killington as a headwall. You sir, are a touron. You should be in one of those Warren Miller gaff segments where the people fall down and pile up getting off the lift. Whaaahahahaha. That's some fun knee sh it.

Read maddouchebag's avocado, out.
livia01
Green Skidder

Post by livia01 »

thanks for the report!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Not much different than Ty already reported.
Overall, the mountain was much firmer than past few days. Also, they groomed Highline taking away the nice bumps that were there [although I admit it did need a groom some time soon to fix the glare area, etc.

Hard to pick a ROTD, but probably Highline even though it was pretty flat. Other highlights:

- Skyehawk headwall: Very nice snow if you could avoid the rocks.
- Ovation Headwall: As good as we will see it this winter. Nice soft manmade goodness.
- Superstar: I thought it skied a bit better than the day before. As mentioned, Skyelark was pretty flat and icy with all the skier / boarder traffic.
- Cascade headwall: Still good, but that one damn rock on the left really sucks.
- East Fall: Able to get some decent turns on the right side.
- Double Dipper: Still good under the chair.
- West Glade: No snow left on it, but skiable.

We need some nat snow !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:Only skiers of lesser ability would refer to anything at Killington as a headwall.
So tell us what the proper terminology would be? Would "top section" make you feel better?

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Captain Hafski wrote: West Glade: No snow left on it, but skiable.
That sounds overly optimistic.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

SkiDork wrote:
Humpty Dumpty wrote:Only skiers of lesser ability would refer to anything at Killington as a headwall.
So tell us what the proper terminology would be? Would "top section" make you feel better?

That looks like the Snowshed Couloir?
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
What little snow there was, it was the best snow on the mountain.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

RENO wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

The fingers!
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

SkiDork wrote:
Yes, that would be more accurate. Or "upper", as in decker would suffice. Or call it the Snowjob section.

Butt honestly, the touron hyperbole is like being the recipient of a Dutch oven. Lame. Owhoahhh look! I dunno man...that looks like some double black diamond sheet.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

spanky wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:
What little snow there was, it was the best snow on the mountain.
Spanky didn't know you were in town. Would have loved to see you. By the way I found very snow on some reserved trails. I agree that the snow on West Glade was still nice despite all the traffic down it because it was open.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Nikoli wrote:
RENO wrote:
SkiDork wrote:

The fingers!
That’s how big Yodeler Headwall looks to beginners.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.