Sunday, 12/3/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Sunday, 12/3/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Since nobody else has made a report, here goes mine. Started again at the Superstar pod. I thought the snow on Skylark was much better than the snow on Superstar. The best snow on Superstar was on middle Superstar. Enjoyed skiing Skyhawk and again managed to miss the rocks - snow was not as soft as the day before but still fun. I passed on skiing the Ovation headwall because I thought the snow looked solid but regret not doing so after hearing the report from the Snow Princess who told me that she had skied it multiple times with the group of kids she was coaching and that the snow was actually soft.

In the Canyon area, East Fall was a do over as well as North Ridge and the section of Upper Double Dipper that is under the Canyon Quad. North Ridge snow was a bit more dirty but was still enjoyable. Can't wait to ski it after some more natural snow falls on it. The other trails Rime, Reason and Upper East Fall all skied nicely at the time I was there. I did ski the Cascade headwall again on my way to the Canyon area and although there are rocks showing, you can avoid them.

Snowdon trails were skiing very well probably because of lack of traffic. Highline was very nice so we skied it twice. We skied some of the other trails there a few times too. We took the poma whenever we saw a short line.

I skied as many runs today before lunch as I usually ski in a full ski day during the regular season. Called it a day right after lunch as my legs were a bit tired.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Sunday, 12/3/17 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Pretty much as Ty reported except I liked Superstar better than Skyelark.

The upper headwall and middle section skied about the same as the past few days. But I found the bottom to be better as there was some semblance of moguls forming that were much softer and better to turn on than the main 'surface'.

Pro Tip: After skiing the headwall, cut right onto lower Skyelark and then back left onto Superstar [or stay on Skyelark if that's your preference]. That little area has some of the best snow on the mountain and decent cover to boot.

East Fall and Highline also skiing a bit better than the day before.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Captain Hafski wrote: Pro Tip: After skiing the headwall, cut right onto lower Skyelark and then back left onto Superstar [or stay on Skyelark if that's your preference]. That little area has some of the best snow on the mountain and decent cover to boot.
I think that's called the upper reverse Mr G wrap-around.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Superstar was blue chunky monkey.
Daughter classified it as marble-ous. 8)
We found good snow a couple runs :like
They're sure leveraging the temporary compressors :like
Some natural tate would help.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Captain Hafski wrote:Afternoon Report: Pretty much as Ty reported except I liked Superstar better than Skyelark.

The upper headwall and middle section skied about the same as the past few days. But I found the bottom to be better as there was some semblance of moguls forming that were much softer and better to turn on than the main 'surface'.

Pro Tip: After skiing the headwall, cut right onto lower Skyelark and then back left onto Superstar [or stay on Skyelark if that's your preference]. That little area has some of the best snow on the mountain and decent cover to boot.

East Fall and Highline also skiing a bit better than the day before.
I think you are referring to lower Skyhawk and I agree that area has some of the best snow on the mountain.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

brownman wrote:Superstar was blue chunky monkey.
Daughter classified it as marble-ous. 8)
We found good snow a couple runs :like
They're sure leveraging the temporary compressors :like
Some natural tate would help.

:Toast
9” to date . K doing alright. But damn we need some pow! Sad when West Glade and Sky Hawk are considered pow runs.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

icedtea wrote:
9” to date . K doing alright. But damn we need some pow! Sad when West Glade and Sky Hawk are considered pow runs.
I thought Skyehawk was a 'blow over' run.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mister Moose wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote: Pro Tip: After skiing the headwall, cut right onto lower Skyelark and then back left onto Superstar [or stay on Skyelark if that's your preference]. That little area has some of the best snow on the mountain and decent cover to boot.
Thanx for clearing that up. I figued its called lower SkyeHawk but after skiing SkyeHawk I have a hard time calling it a separate trail.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Captain Hafski wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Thanx for clearing that up. I figued its called lower SkyeHawk but after skiing SkyeHawk I have a hard time calling it a separate trail.
Don't know what it's officially called. I call it lower Skyhawk because I usually ski it after skiing Skyhawk although you can also ski it after skiing the Superstar headwall.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I call it lower Skyhawk because I usually ski it after skiing Skyhawk although you can also ski it after skiing the Superstar headwall.
How are your pizza wedge turns progressing?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

FYI: The blue snow is not blue snow. If you watch races they mark the line around the gates with a blue dye. It is mixed with blue windshield anti freeze so it does not turn to ice in the sprayer.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?