Your "Go To"?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

alanlw9
Beginner On Rentals

Your "Go To"?

Post by alanlw9 »

I realize some people may want to guard their secrets, but whats your favorite "Go To" for Happy Hour / Apres / Nightlife? Maybe your second or third choice if you can't share your number one 8)

Anything from "beers are cheap here" to "I get the $100 porterhouse here".. Looking for new things to try from the people who know Killington best.

Lately my go to has been a barnyard pizza with some beer at Outback. Also enjoy some drunk arcade gaming at Jax or Moguls. Getting over my love for the Garlic, though it is great. Would really like to find a fun/cheap place for Happy Hours.

Any suggestions?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Your "Go To"?

Post by madhatter »

yoshi has the best tap line, lookout has the ski crowd, dominics has dollar sliders, caseys is all freshed up and always cool for first timers you may bring w you, parking lot kicks @ss too...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

+1....what Hatter said....FYI?....new Caseys is the titters....BEST burger in KTown....killer Fish n Chips as well....
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Ditto all the above. For quieter or more reserved times, try Liquid Art, Summit Lodge pub, maybe even the Grand Summit bar downstairs. Lookout seems to offer the most casual fun plus a pool table, lots of sports TV. Moguls is simple easy inexpensive food & drink, highly casual. The Foundry is really working out well, good food and a large bar with entertainment. Losing its former Jurassic Park rep and pulling in all ages. Wobbly and Pickle still offer their routines.

Over time we got tired of the access road routine (costs and DWI risks) and set up kegerators with three different beers on tap at our ski house, tempered by a shot ski. Hors d'oeurves and/or major cooking. Best thing we ever did. Drink more, drive less. Friends are always stopping by.
alanlw9
Beginner On Rentals

Post by alanlw9 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:+1....what Hatter said....FYI?....new Caseys is the titters....BEST burger in KTown....killer Fish n Chips as well....
I'll have to check out Casey's. Love me some Fish n' Chips. Not a big Gin guy but they appear to have a fair amount of drinks available outside of their Gin selection. Plus I want to see what the inside looks like.

The Foundry has been on my list but might be best for a quiet night with the lady. Need to do more exploring at Liquid Art, stopped in for a coffee and found out they serve booze. Great surprise.

Haven't really considered Domenics but $1 sliders are tempting. Plus with pizza being my Go To lately this could work out..

Thanks for all the tips so far. Heading up to the Chalet with my pup on Thursday :Toast I think I saw something about a locals party at the Picklebarrle Thursday night?
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:+1....what Hatter said....FYI?....new Caseys is the titters....BEST burger in KTown....killer Fish n Chips as well....
good to hear, casey's was my home base. decent entrees now/? that will be a welcome change. was there any 'institutional memory' with the wings? their style was my preference.
good luck alanlw9
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

If we want a civilized atmosphere for a smaller group where you can hold a conversation, we go to On the Rocs. If we have the whole family with us (15 adults and kids) we do Sushi Yoshi and get tables near the game room, putting however many tables we need together. We don't go near the Lookout on Saturdays in season (way too crowded and noisy) and we won't go to The Foundry no matter what (hate their attitude). Preston's isn't a bad choice, especially if you're there with someone who gets an employee discount. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Baja Burrito is pretty good, usually not too busy. They have IMHO the best wings on the mountain, only available from 3 - 6, and any burrito on the menu is $10 and they are HUGE also from 3 - 6. The 211 margarita is good and if you really want to catch a buzz get a 422 margarita.....
I also like Yoshi and Lookout, but you gotta get to lookout early if you want a bar seat
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

alanlw9 wrote:
I'll have to check out Casey's. Love me some Fish n' Chips. Not a big Gin guy but they appear to have a fair amount of drinks available outside of their Gin selection. Plus I want to see what the inside looks like. very nice lots of fresh varnish still caseys...

The Foundry has been on my list but might be best for a quiet night with the lady.

Need to do more exploring at Liquid Art, stopped in for a coffee and found out they serve booze. Great surprise.I should go there more myself...been a few times for drinks...excellent...

Haven't really considered Domenics but $1 sliders are tempting. Plus with pizza being my Go To lately this could work out..they are only 2 bux regularly... 1 dollar at HH...decent tap line there...

Thanks for all the tips so far. Heading up to the Chalet with my pup on Thursday :Toast I think I saw something about a locals party at the Picklebarrle Thursday night?

being a participant in ski bum and bike bum I get to sample food from a number of places and I go back if something is enticing...

garlic is among the best, their food is very good...decent tap line...horse race HH is always fun there...mobbed too...

jax has good bar food burgers etc...

brats and shepards pie at lookout are both very good...not much of a brat fan but wanted to try them since they were part of the HH spread...so good i had 2 even though I'd already eaten before I got there...

not gonna name names but some places had very little food to offer and or were impossible to get a beer at...granted its ski bum HH but it's an opportunity to advertise to a 100 or so ski bums who might just happen to provide endorsements elsewhere...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

In no particular order:
Preston's
Lookout
On the Rocks (but not yet this year)
Casey's
Garlic
Liquid Art (but not yet this year)
There's a few others as well. Destination depends on the mood.

I avoid the Foundry: Don't need their attitude, I have enough of my own.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Pickle Happy hour

6:30 to 8:30

Jamie Rawks!
Where is Happy Hour ?
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

They are all good if you know what to get - nobody mentioned Choices - great in the bar during the week.

Moguls 12.99 ribs and a beer is a great deal too.

We also always forget about the Pub at the summit - what a St Patty's party.

Only thing I could do without is the Foundry prices - brutal.

Great to have Casey's back - and the bartendresses.

Nobody goes to Mahogany Ridge any more - it's too crowded..... :Toast
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

hillbangin wrote:They are all good if you know what to get - nobody mentioned Choices - great in the bar during the week.

Moguls 12.99 ribs and a beer is a great deal too.

We also always forget about the Pub at the summit - what a St Patty's party.

Only thing I could do without is the Foundry prices - brutal.

Great to have Casey's back - and the bartendresses.

Nobody goes to Mahogany Ridge any more - it's too crowded..... :Toast
You been reading Yogi prints? "Nobody goes there anymore because it is too crowded".
Last edited by Dr. NO on Dec 4th, '17, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

BoozeTan wrote:Baja Burrito is pretty good, usually not too busy. They have IMHO the best wings on the mountain, only available from 3 - 6, and any burrito on the menu is $10 and they are HUGE also from 3 - 6. The 211 margarita is good and if you really want to catch a buzz get a 422 margarita.....
I also like Yoshi and Lookout, but you gotta get to lookout early if you want a bar seat
Best wings in the area.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

+1 for Baja. Love the wings.