Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Post by Sporte »

Baby boomers generate 51% of the sales in this country. No marketing firm is ignoring them - rich or poor. I am an independent but this sounds like the excuses that liberals have been using since the election. Trump voters are old, uneducated, somehow not as good as us and should be dismissed
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

Therefore we aren't going to recognize the president they voted in...cuz we are smarter, better looking,
know better.
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

And now we are back to Lindsey and why she is getting torn apart by all those old poor people at #lindseyvonn because CNN baited her into repeating the condecending stuff she hears in Vail.

I hope she can pull another one or two gold medals out because she has been a great American racer and she, in fact, represents us (if she qualifies). I am not going to say I support the Olympic Team but not Lindsay Vonn because I don’t like her views or positions.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

teletimg wrote:Only a little over 34% of voting age people voted for Trump, and I bet quite a few of them are not too happy with him.
Wonder what actual # of that group voted.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Lindsay Vonn- STUPID GIRL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyzF-5Gb1SA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Sporte wrote:It stuns me that you could marginalize people who are old and poor in the same paragraph that you highlight intolerance for other people’s views
Not marginalizing; knowing your target markets. Merely stating the way advertisers think and which demographic they're looking for during the Olympics. From their point of view, that demo is way less important than many others.
no he said trump voters are irrelevant being old, poor and only 37% of the population...just like sporte said that's the mindset of the ( barely) useful idiot class...
this sounds like the excuses that liberals have been using since the election. Trump voters are old, uneducated, somehow not as good as us and should be dismissed
sporte nailed it there...and called out the OP's obliviousness to hypocrisy...aka the good hate...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

http://www.espn.com/olympics/skiing/sto ... up-super-g

ST. MORITZ, Switzerland -- Lindsey Vonn finished a World Cup super-G race in extreme pain Saturday and was treated by race doctors for an apparent back injury.

The American star crossed the finish line in obvious distress, almost one second behind the then-leader, and slumped to the snow.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Looks like LV injured her back in the SG today. Politics aside, it would be shame to see her end her amazing racing career by having to leave due to injuries.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

PinnacleJim wrote:Looks like LV injured her back in the SG today. Politics aside, it would be shame to see her end her amazing racing career by having to leave due to injuries.
Following in Tiger's footsteps?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
PinnacleJim wrote:Looks like LV injured her back in the SG today. Politics aside, it would be shame to see her end her amazing racing career by having to leave due to injuries.
Following in Tiger's footsteps?
Well she was kinda attached to him for a bit.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Keillor > Franken > now Vonn .. tough couple weeks for Minnesota. :sad:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I think you can only get a maximum of 4 skiers in any Alpine event at the Olympics? Does anyone know for sure?

If Vonn isn't injured. Here are the US Women's Ski Team 2017-18 World Cup Super G points so far:

Shiffrin 56 points
Johnson 9 points
Vonn 7 points
Mckennis 2 points
Ross 1 point

If McKennis and Ross move ahead of Vonn in Super G points before the Olympics, they get the start-not Vonn.

Here are the Downhill points so far:

Shiffrin 160 points
Cook 64 points
Wiles 53 points
Johnson 26 points
Vonn 22 points

At this point, Vonn doesn't even get a start in the Olympics.

And Vonn is trying to race the men and putting down Trump saying she won't be skiing for him. What an idiot. At this point, I don't think she's even going to make it to the Olympics.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

ST. MORITZ, Switzerland -- After injuring her back in a World Cup race Saturday, Lindsey Vonn withdrew from another scheduled super-G on Sunday before the race was canceled due to fog.

Vonn tweeted her decision 45 minutes before the original scheduled start, saying she was focused on being healthy for the Olympics.

MAGA karma ?
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Since when has it been wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion? Trump certainly had no problem voicing his political opinion when he was just a celebrity.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Woodsrider wrote:Since when has it been wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion? Trump certainly had no problem voicing his political opinion when he was just a celebrity.
Don't know who said it was "wrong" but people are still allowed to disagree, aren't they.