Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Post by Dr. NO »

Woodsrider wrote:Since when has it been wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion? Trump certainly had no problem voicing his political opinion when he was just a celebrity.
Since the Olympic Committee said they would not accept political views at the games. They can refuse to let you compete, march in the opening and closing ceremonies or even enter the Olympic village.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:Since when has it been wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion? Trump certainly had no problem voicing his political opinion when he was just a celebrity.
Since the Olympic Committee said they would not accept political views at the games. They can refuse to let you compete, march in the opening and closing ceremonies or even enter the Olympic village.
Uhm, I think they kinda mean like on the podium.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

specialp wrote:Actually it is 37% of people that are an aging demographic with lower incomes. Not the most devastating thing to advertisers. And when it comes to the proportion of the world population his popularity is probably much lower. She said the right thing. She wants to represent the USA. And so what she isn't a fan of the President; our athletes are not competing under the banner of the president; they are competing for our country. It is funny how politics has become something where people really don't like if someone expresses a view that is against who they support. It is bad for the country.
That must have come from the same polling firms that state Clinton was easily going to win. As a nearly 1%er, I laugh at this, the only thing you are missing is uneducated. Ironically most of my friends who vote for him are wealthy and educated, the ones who did not are teetering between blue/white collar.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Vonn comes out against Trump... Then she is injured and might not be able to compete? Poor girl...hadn't she heard of the Trump Curse...it has already claimed so many!!
trumpcurse.png
trumpcurse.png (168.39 KiB) Viewed 761 times
Ski the edges!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

She's a snowflake... The wrong kind. :arrow: :barebutt:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:Vonn comes out against Trump... Then she is injured and might not be able to compete? Poor girl...hadn't she heard of the Trump Curse...it has already claimed so many!!
trumpcurse.png
Not as severe as the Clinton Curse. At least the Trump Curse leaves you alive. What is the count between Bill and Hillary?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Please get better!

As I head to France for the next races, I would like to share with you my reflections from the past few days.

I’ve received a tremendous amount of feedback, both positive and negative, about my recent CNN interview. The point that I was trying to articulate is that all Olympic athletes represent their nation as a whole, and are not representatives of their government or any specific political figure or party. None of us work tirelessly for years on end to compete in the Olympics on behalf of Democrats or Republicans. The Olympics are a non-political event, a chance for everyone to put aside their differences and be on the same “team.”. That does not mean that Olympic athletes don’t have political opinions. As an American, I am extremely proud that our great nation was founded on principals and ideals where citizens can express our opinions openly. It is a privilege that some others around the world don’t have.

I am proud to be an American, and I want our country to continue to be a symbol of hope, compassion, inclusion and world unity. My travels around the world have recently made clear that this is no longer how people view the United States. You cannot pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV in Europe without noticing how people are questioning our direction. It seems to me that we must lead with understanding and strive for unity in our relationships throughout the world.
As for myself, my recent comments opened up my eyes as to how divided we are right now. It is hurtful to read comments where people are hoping I break my neck or that God is punishing me for being “anti-Trump.” We need to find a way to put aside our differences and find common ground in communicating. Is it wrong to hope for a better world?

All of this is much bigger than skiing and the Olympics. I am going to take the next two months to focus on what I can do and right now that is competing for my country. In doing that, I will be hoping that we Americans can still be that “shining city on a hill.”

Vonn won the gold medal in the women’s downhill at the 2010 Vancouver Games before missing the 2014 Games in Sochi with a knee injury. It is believed the 2018 Games will be her last Olympics.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Vonn for the win today :banana: .. f*ck you haters (who Ski like a bunch of sissies) Ski off welcome for you pathetic whiners :like :box
Ski It If You Can!..
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Killington_Lover wrote:Vonn for the win today :banana: .. f*ck you haters (who Ski like a bunch of sissies) Ski off welcome for you pathetic whiners :like :box
random1
Blue Chatterbox

Post by random1 »

biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

random1 wrote:Captain America
That would be a cool US Olympic team uniform.