Max Pass tomorrow-Okemo or Stratton?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Max Pass tomorrow-Okemo or Stratton?

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I have a max pass and am saving my 5 days at Killington for when they have more open. Should I go to Okemo or Stratton tomorrow-Sunday? Any advice about which would be better?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Max Pass tomorrow-Okemo or Stratton?

Post by Dr. NO »

f.a.s.t. wrote:I have a max pass and am saving my 5 days at Killington for when they have more open. Should I go to Okemo or Stratton tomorrow-Sunday? Any advice about which would be better?
Watch weather reports. If they are right about this coastal storm, move Southeast and closer to the coast for higher accumulations. Straton could be the winner over Okemo. Maybe Mt. Snow if it is included.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Dr. NO wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:I have a max pass and am saving my 5 days at Killington for when they have more open. Should I go to Okemo or Stratton tomorrow-Sunday? Any advice about which would be better?
Watch weather reports. If they are right about this coastal storm, move Southeast and closer to the coast for higher accumulations. Straton could be the winner over Okemo. Maybe Mt. Snow if it is included.
Sunapee or Wawa would have the best totals if you are looking close to the coast.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

I was at Stratton today. There terrain that was open today (5 or 6 runs in the Snowbowl area and a couple of runs off North American 6) feeding into 2 connector runs to the base, I'm guessing never were resurfaced after the midweek liquid/warm event and got scraped off by mid/late morning....

Looks like they went into expansion instead of resurfacing mode after the freeze up. My guess, based on what I saw today is tomorrow, they'll have another 2 to possibly as many as 4 runs off the North American 6 opening up for the season, a few runs off at least the upper 6 pack in the Sun Bowl area, and the run underneath the lower section of the Gondola from roughly the top of the Amex 6 pack to the base.

The new stuff should be good, as the whales were plentiful! The older stuff should be decent early, but likely will be getting scraped off as the day goes on....
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I decided that there wouldn't be much difference between the two. I opted for Okemo, the roads were a little slick and it's an easier drive for me 2 hours, 5 minutes. It was all groomed out. It held up pretty good into the afternoon, especially the trails away from the six pack, and the one top to bottom run at Jackson Gore was real nice. I found two powder stashes, one about 25 yards and the other about 50 yards. They didn't have anything open under the guns on whalebacks-disappointing. You could Limelight from the top and from the bottom, they were blowing snow and nice whalebacks; should have been opened. It looked really good.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!