You can't make this sh*t up

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

You can't make this sh*t up

Post by Bubba »

OK...this story was funny enough when it was first reported that an elderly couple was busted on their way to Vermont with 60 pounds of pot in their car. They said the pot was going to be given out as Christmas presents. It now turns out that the couple are the parents of a Chittenden County deputy prosecutor.

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Chitte ... 82773.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Big Bob
Postinator

Re: You can't make this sh*t up

Post by Big Bob »

I wonder where they bought it, just east of CO ? :D
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Maybe they just wanted to help all the old people going blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML13q6lk3U0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I believe they bought the Christmas pressents [$300,000 worth; very nice of them] in California.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Captain Hafski wrote:I believe they bought the Christmas pressents [$300,000 worth; very nice of them] in California.
Not legal for recreational use in Cali until Monday.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Vermon ... 99793.html

Just before 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, the Lancaster County, Nebraska Sheriff's Department tells WCAX the couple was pulled over again in another traffic stop on Interstate 80. This time a female family member identified as Mariah Jiron was driving the car. A K9 detected marijuana, but deputies found no drugs. But they did find $17,000 in cash -- money that police suspect was intended to buy drugs.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

SnoBrdr wrote:http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Vermon ... 99793.html

Just before 10 a.m. Tuesday morning, the Lancaster County, Nebraska Sheriff's Department tells WCAX the couple was pulled over again in another traffic stop on Interstate 80. This time a female family member identified as Mariah Jiron was driving the car. A K9 detected marijuana, but deputies found no drugs. But they did find $17,000 in cash -- money that police suspect was intended to buy drugs.
If the k9 detected pot but there wasn't any in the car I would say the money came from selling pot not buying it.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Vermon ... 99793.html

If the k9 detected pot but there wasn't any in the car I would say the money came from selling pot not buying it.
"There was also remnants of cannabis,” said Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner."

The dogs can detect that it was there if recent enough but they did find "remnants".
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

LINCOLN, Neb. (WCAX) New developments in the case of an elderly couple headed for Vermont with what police say was a car full of pot.

Nebraska police stopped Patrick Jiron, 80, and Barbara Jiron, 70, in December and found more than $300,000 worth of high-grade marijuana. Then, just days later, police stopped them again and allegedly found $16,000 in cash. Police say the California couple were going to use that money to buy more drugs.

Wednesday they were both scheduled to appear in court in Nebraska. But court documents show Mrs. Jiron skipped court, and authorities say they are now issuing a warrant for the grandmother. Her husband continues to be held on bail.

The Jirons are the parents of a Chittenden County deputy prosecutor.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Bad Santa

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 976895001/

"Grandpa! What did you get me for Christmas?"
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel