Snowmaking Plan?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Re: Snowmaking Plan?

Post by ME2VTSkier »

...and Killington snowmakers sprang back into action, as they prepared to resurface critical intersections and put a fresh coat of snow on Ovation, Outer Limits and Lower Skyeburst.
Interesting choice of trails to re-surface first... :roll:
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
...and Killington snowmakers sprang back into action, as they prepared to resurface critical intersections and put a fresh coat of snow on Ovation, Outer Limits and Lower Skyeburst.
Interesting choice of trails to re-surface first... :roll:
If nothing else, after seeing the trail traffic on OL yesteday, I think that was a good choice.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

limited moisture next couple weeks.
Happens every time they ship out the Ingersolls.

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

What's the plan for this resurfacing round? Looks like Skylark T2B is lit up currently.

Need some Natural Snow ASAP!
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

jimmywilson69 wrote:What's the plan for this resurfacing round? Looks like Skylark T2B is lit up currently.

Need some Natural Snow ASAP!
from what i've "heard", snowmakers cut back to 4-day week so you'll see guns from today into saturday morning. for the most part, the focus will be on supe & spot guns to fix stuff. good to see them on skyelark. lower casc, panic/needles and maybe upper skyeburst also could use a blow. yup need mama nature's help.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

At least one trail top to bottom per pod should be done this week per the customer's view. President's week is coming up but too far away, I suspect that the snowmaking budget in between holidays is not enough to repair r*in events. Getting closer to Feb. 19, history tells us to watch for an increase in snowmaking where needed in order to support that crowd and their expectations.

This interim period between MLK and President's Week is where we are supposed to be getting natural, not relying on snowmaking for quality.

We do not want K to exceed budget, then there will be less profit returned back to Killington for investment into new chairs, lodges, pipes, existing electrical/mechanical lift systems, - oops, there are no investments or improvements in those critical customer facing topics, so why save the budget?