Snowmaking Plan?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Spyderman
Bumper

Re: Snowmaking Plan?

Post by Spyderman »

Dream Maker is being blasted today. No sign of guns for Fiddle yet. Strong 30 MPH wind gust now and tonight.
Tomorrow looks like -10 at 7:00 am. No true warm up in sight until Wed 1/3 at 5 or 7 above.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I'm thinking in a colder than average December like this, they will do the full roll-out plan, that is if we've seen it before it will happen this year. So I agree with Cap'n Halfski (Does he ski on half a ski? If so, which half? Or does he always ski just half a day? Or maybe he half skis, half side-slips?) that the Fiddle will get some love this year.

I don't think there will be any bonus any time soon. They want to hold some dry powder for both MLK and Washington's birthday week.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Mister Moose wrote:I'm thinking in a colder than average December like this, they will do the full roll-out plan, that is if we've seen it before it will happen this year. So I agree with Cap'n Halfski (Does he ski on half a ski? If so, which half? Or does he always ski just half a day? Or maybe he half skis, half side-slips?) that the Fiddle will get some love this year.

I don't think there will be any bonus any time soon. They want to hold some dry powder for both MLK and Washington's birthday week.
Fiddle is skiing fine without snow making. Sure there are some rocks you need to avoid but plenty of terrain to work with. Dreammaker was skiing fine without snowmaking also but I think they are making snow to make those big drops and make it a park.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:I'm thinking in a colder than average December like this, they will do the full roll-out plan, that is if we've seen it before it will happen this year. So I agree with Cap'n Halfski (Does he ski on half a ski? If so, which half? Or does he always ski just half a day? Or maybe he half skis, half side-slips?) that the Fiddle will get some love this year.

Fiddle is skiing fine without snow making. Sure there are some rocks you need to avoid but plenty of terrain to work with. Dreammaker was skiing fine without snowmaking also but I think they are making snow to make those big drops and make it a park.
Except that in a warm up the natural will go faster than you can say "Snowfall contest".
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Does anyone know when they lit up lower O? The trail report shows it’s closed with guns on. Trying to gauge when they may drop the ropes. Thx.

Edit: trail report is in error. No guns on Lower O. Cascade got the Love. And it was damn fine.
Last edited by Woodsrider on Dec 30th, '17, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Superpipe is in the on-deck circle.
Hoping all 20 of you that can scale a 22' wall are good with that.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

brownman wrote:Superpipe is in the on-deck circle.

Guns have been basting that for a couple days.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yes, noticed that when there. 8)

Pointing out that they have web-stated their intent with respect to that feature.
Last years half-baked attempt was embarrassing.

Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Woodsrider wrote:

Is there some sort of competition that will use it.

If not, how do they justify wasting all the resources needed to create it.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Woodsrider wrote:Does anyone know when they lit up lower O? The trail report shows it’s closed with guns on. Trying to gauge when they may drop the ropes. Thx.

Edit: trail report is in error. No guns on Lower O. Cascade got the Love. And it was damn fine.
they were making snow on lower o today. should rock first thing tomorrow.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:

Is there some sort of competition that will use it.

If not, how do they justify wasting all the resources needed to create it.
Look at the report. They are about done snowmaking, just a bit of resurfacing on spots that pop up, and a few small gaps to fill in. If they don't get a major thaw until March, it will be one of their least costly snowmaking seasons in a while.

They must be praying heavily for a couple more feet of natural to show up soon though.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Disappointed with the lack of resurfacing. Okemo is much better in that department.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

KingsFourMan wrote:Disappointed with the lack of resurfacing. Okemo is much better in that department.
cascade, upper bitter, lower skyeburst and lower o in addition to blowing the snot out of dreammaker and the superpipe and you're disappointed?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

skiadikt wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:Does anyone know when they lit up lower O? The trail report shows it’s closed with guns on. Trying to gauge when they may drop the ropes. Thx.

they were making snow on lower o today. should rock first thing tomorrow.
Thanks. They must have lit em up late morning, early afternoon. I’m sorry I’ll miss it. Had to head south today for a New Year’s Eve party at my NY house.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

There were guns on Lower O and you could see from middle O and also from Julio.