Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Reserved

Post by hillbangin »

rogman wrote:
hillbangin wrote:
daytripper wrote:
biged wrote:Why would a person on ski patrol want to trash his skis taking some yahoo down. In my opinion I would rather leave it closed until perfect cover and look the other way for some skiers. You can ski the trails and avoid damage to your skis, if you are guiding a sled I doubt it is as easy. Give the boys in red a break, you might need their help some day.
Stichline had perfect cover last weekend.
Not if you haven't skied the trail a hundred times before. That's the issue. We know where to go - where the streams are - the stumps - and the rocks. Stay left up top - move to the right in the middle. If you don't know the trail it's a nightmare.

So - I don't blame patrol for the closings - but don't pull my ticket when I am peacefully poaching a reserved trail.

Same thing with Fiddle, Dipper, Contusion, etc.

I prefer my rules to be black and white.
Perfect - then if the trail is closed don't bitch - it's closed ( black and white ) - and get out of my way because it's reserved for me.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Those of us sporting the 5 year 100 Club passes are worthy. At least that will be my stance if I ever get pulled over. Someone has to ski in the good stuff to get it ready for the masses.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.59 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Others of us keep one of these handy at all times ..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

I remember a "reserved" day when, for some reason, the ski patrol had Northstar closed even though it had 1 foot + of dense but very skiable powder on it. i skied that trail 14 times in a row. I knew I may never have another shot at that kind of a situation! No other takers only my tracks over and over again!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

GSKI wrote:I remember a "reserved" day when, for some reason, the ski patrol had Northstar closed even though it had 1 foot + of dense but very skiable powder on it. i skied that trail 14 times in a row. I knew I may never have another shot at that kind of a situation! No other takers only my tracks over and over again!
We had a day like that on Swirl and upper Header at Rams Head last year. Not the most manly terrain, but that perfect foot or so of very light snow on top of an OK base was amazing.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

GSKI wrote:I remember a "reserved" day when, for some reason, the ski patrol had Northstar closed even though it had 1 foot + of dense but very skiable powder on it. i skied that trail 14 times in a row. I knew I may never have another shot at that kind of a situation! No other takers only my tracks over and over again!
All you needed was a kicker to jump the rope!
ImageImageImageImage