Boardercross

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Boardercross

Post by daytripper »

The public has spoken Mike.....we want a boardercross, and snowshed is not steep enough.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Boardercross

Post by Guy in Shorts »

daytripper wrote:The public has spoken Mike.....we want a boardercross, and snowshed is not steep enough.
Didn’t boardercross go away in the 90’s just like pet rocks.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

It's still an Olympic sport.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I would love to see a course, it sucks having to take my boys to other resorts to train when we live on the resort in Killington.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Seacoaster wrote:I would love to see a course, it sucks having to take my boys to other resorts to train when we live on the resort in Killington.
Ski the new Ramshead bike trails after a r*in freeze event...boom boardercross with trees!
ImageImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Stormchaser wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:I would love to see a course, it sucks having to take my boys to other resorts to train when we live on the resort in Killington.
Ski the new Ramshead bike trails after a r*in freeze event...boom boardercross with trees!
I've done a little of that, but not when it's frozen.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

RENO wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
I've done a little of that, but not when it's frozen.
Too flat for unfrozen...very difficult to carry enough speed on boards (1 or 2) through much of it.
ImageImageImageImage
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:The public has spoken Mike.....we want a boardercross, and snowshed is not steep enough.
What public?

Liability issues would probably prohibit one.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

SnoBrdr wrote:
What public?

So a park with huge jumps and rail slides isn't a liability? A pipe with 22ft walls isn't a liability?
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

dont they usually build a boardercross track on Dreammaker?
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
What public?

So a park with huge jumps and rail slides isn't a liability? A pipe with 22ft walls isn't a liability?

Agree about the liability angle is BS. But FYI we call them rails and boxes.

Don't touch dream maker. We need a real park... getting rid of it would be like not having the BMMC or grooming outer limits everynight. Sure us park rats may not be a majority but the parks are heavily utilized unlike many of the other 145 some odd trails. Do add a boarder cross somewhere. And no Boozetan they do not build a boarder cross but a regular park with a rail section and jump line.
Ski It If You Can!..
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Killington_Lover wrote:
daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
What public?

Don't touch dream maker. We need a real park... getting rid of it would be like not having the BMMC or grooming outer limits everynight. Sure us park rats may not be a majority but the parks are heavily utilized unlike many of the other 145 some odd trails. Do add a boarder cross somewhere. And no Boozetan they do not build a boarder cross but a regular park with a rail section and jump line.
Everything is a liability isuue just all to different degrees. Look at the case of the woman who got lost in the K1 and didn't use her cell to try and contact any 1.

What was the judgement there, 750k or so?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Killington_Lover wrote:
daytripper wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
What public?

Boardercross on Dreammaker was pre big air park.
ImageImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

The boardercross on Dreammaker has been gone since the early 2000's...
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

I just meant that by having a public park I bet they have some relevant liability insurance and adding an additional park in the form of border cross seems like it could not be all that costly if they are already throwing money at insurance. My local flatland hill used to ban inverts until they purchased a more robust policy (by public demand for allowing inverts), seems like a similar issue. I guess the question is where? Seems anywhere other than dreammaker would be an affront to those who like groomers with pitch; since that's what they would need to sacrifice. I remember when the large park was on snow shed and I liked that but with the investment in the stash it is nice for the other large park to be clustered near by and keep us on SPE. Perhaps we can move all beginner and intermediate learn to ops to snowshed and needles pod and sacrifice ramshead into a corinthia @ mt snow style all park pod... :twisted: fat chance with the pipe trench and larger stash at bear....I think a lot who miss the old open dreammaker and wildfire? (Forget what trail got sacked for the stash) wouldn't mind to give up ramshead... most I know that ski park are happy with the current progression of reason/mouse/timberline/stash/dreammaker/ superstar...thank a park crew member when you see them :Toast
Ski It If You Can!..