Boardercross

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Boardercross

Post by Highway Star »

daytripper wrote:The public has spoken Mike.....we want a boardercross, and snowshed is not steep enough.
What are you talking about? They need a boardercross on Carpenter's Run, that's the spot for it.

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
daytripper wrote:The public has spoken Mike.....we want a boardercross, and snowshed is not steep enough.
What are you talking about? They need a boardercross on Carpenter's Run, that's the spot for it.

X country snowboarding, it's the next big thing...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Why not build one on Prestons Pitch and the snow can be farmed for late season skiing or If it gets snow making on devils fiddle that is another possible option.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

I think they usually have a short border cross weeving through part of The Stash.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:I think they usually have a short border cross weeving through part of The Stash.
No boardercross at all on the stash. Would be nice if they had a small blue type course somewhere. A full course like they had on Dreammaker was way too long and difficult anyway for most people to handle. Took up a lot of the trail from what I remember. I guess we can dip into some of the easier sections of the Blue Magic biking trail now and then if needed after a powder day. :D
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Stormchaser wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:I would love to see a course, it sucks having to take my boys to other resorts to train when we live on the resort in Killington.
Ski the new Ramshead bike trails after a r*in freeze event...boom boardercross with trees!
Stromchaser.....Clearly a skier, we have been riding these bike trails on snowboards for years.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Seacoaster wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:I would love to see a course, it sucks having to take my boys to other resorts to train when we live on the resort in Killington.
Ski the new Ramshead bike trails after a r*in freeze event...boom boardercross with trees!
Stromchaser.....Clearly a skier, we have been riding these bike trails on snowboards for years.
ummm think your mistaken, they just started the new type of trails like a year or two ago.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Seacoaster wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Older trails yes. New flow trail with 87 jumps or whatever it is skiers right of the rams chair does not have enough pitch to ski it without polling. It crosses the fall line through scarecrow, tinman, patsies, low rider, etc. With any fresh snow or sticky on it, you bog down and stop. When it is an icy luge run, you can keep enough speed to propel yourself up and over the jumps and through the berms. The flat trails you speak of below squeeze play only need a little traffic after a big dump to be skiable, the not as flat ones can be damn fine powder runs. All fun skiing.

Keep your assumptions to yourself, you're foolishly uniformed. :dislike
ImageImageImageImage
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

X country snowboarding, it's the next big thing...
Looks like me cutting back to K on an ungroomed interconnect.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Yes I would love a boarder ross, and a public nastar course.
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

skifaster wrote:Yes I would love a boarder ross, and a public nastar course.
would love a public race course at k to practice gates. don't have any racing experience whatsoever and this being my first year doing the ski bum race and one run a week down highline doesn't cut it. there used to be one on the old grizzly run (now lower dreammaker).
spoiled South American skiin' whore
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

SnoBrdr wrote:
What public?

Liability issues would probably prohibit one.
The public of kzone
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

What if the early park on mouse run got turned into a border cross? Once the ramshead and bear parks are built the mouse run park is empty and the snow is there so why not make it into a boardercross?