Saturday 1/6/18 Pico report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday 1/6/18 Pico report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Since Killington was closed, went over to Pico and was glad I did. The conditions were very good although you were stuck on the lower part of the mountain. The highest lift was the Golden Express Quad chair and I rode that a few times and skied all the runs off of it. I also skied all the run off the Homes Knoll Triple Chair (no wind at all on this chair) and really enjoyed the short lift line run under it. The other trails off of it were skiing well too. I was planning on skiing the Little Pico triple chair but Skidork had come back from his errand in Rutland and was there to pick me up so I quit at that point. Glad Pico was open so I could ski today and enjoy that new snow that fell.

BTW, I ran into many Killington regulars over there.
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Re: Saturday 1/6/18 Pico report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: At least we were able to ski somewhere [Pico]. No wind to speak of [for the most part] on the open portions of Pico.

ROTD: Bronco. Just starting to get skied in a bit later in the afternoon. Better on the lower / steeper section than the top.

Woods just to the right of Bronco [Stampede ?] were pretty good, but very challenging, with the wind packed snow on top of crust, etc. Again, better on the lower steeper pitch than the top. Had the snow been just a bit less wind packed it would have been phenomenal as it was mostly untracked.

A-Slope was also a challenge [especially for the warm up run] as the upper portion was not very much skied in.

All other trails were soft and quite good.

However, two major Killington screw ups in my mind:

- Why wasn't the Outpost chair running? There was no wind even at the top of it. Had this chair been running, it could have been a phenomenal day. As Ty mentioned, several K regulars were there; we would have skied that side of the mountain in nicely and would have had great bumps to play on. As it was, the Outpost trails did not see a lot of traffic due to the small 'hike' involved in getting there. This chair should have been running.

- No live music in the base lodge. This really surprised me as I figured there had to be several musicians that should have been available with K closed. We were going to have our Happy Hour upstairs in the lodge but left and went back to the K access road due to no music. Also, I heard that they didn't have any / sufficient wait staff for all of the peeps up there.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Odd on the lack of live music as there as live music there every Saturday. Usually a one or two people on guitar type of thing. I wonder what happened?
Don't Killington Pico
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Was Pam tending the bar at Pico that day?

I did hear she was working there now.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

RustyK wrote:Was Pam tending the bar at Pico that day?

Yes she is over at Pico now.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

RustyK wrote:Was Pam tending the bar at Pico that day?

Although I also heard Pam was working there, Tommy was at the bar.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!