GoPro jumps the shark.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

GoPro jumps the shark.

Post by Highway Star »

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/no-fly-zo ... iness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GoPro can suck it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Re: GoPro jumps the shark.

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I knew at some point the market would be saturated. I mean how many GoPros can the sell a year now, that everyone who wants one pretty much has one?
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

jimmywilson69 wrote:I knew at some point the market would be saturated. I mean how many GoPros can the sell a year now, that everyone who wants one pretty much has one?
drone market only
ImageImageImageImage
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

jimmywilson69 wrote:I knew at some point the market would be saturated. I mean how many GoPros can the sell a year now, that everyone who wants one pretty much has one?
I'm on my 4th year with the same Sony unit, still shoots great 1080p video. The market is swamped.

Maybe I'll get a 4k camera at some point, but I'll have to upgrade all my other electronics.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Stormchaser wrote:
drone market only
Right they are getting out of the drone market, but downsizing to get financials in order. I believe they saturated the market with their own product and won't sell as many moving forward.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

jimmywilson69 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
drone market only
Right they are getting out of the drone market, but downsizing to get financials in order. I believe they saturated the market with their own product and won't sell as many moving forward.
They are trying to sell the business.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
santaclaus
Beginner On Rentals

Post by santaclaus »

not too long ago gp's were fun for the girl of the week/month but nest kinda runs that market now. Can't say I don't miss gp, when they know it's live they always perform better.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so whats the best option out there?

It doesn't have to be the latest and greatest just easy to use with best pic and battery life for the buck...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:so whats the best option out there?

It doesn't have to be the latest and greatest just easy to use with best pic and battery life for the buck...
I greatly prefer tape based systems, HD BETACAM is the way to go.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:so whats the best option out there?

I greatly prefer tape based systems, HD BETACAM is the way to go.

sweet...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....