Jackon Hole update from Ty

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: Jackon Hole update from Ty

Post by SkiDork »

update this morning: Looks like another pow day is in store:

-On line since 8:30 for the tram. Everyone wants to get to the top to experience the new powder. Still doing avalanche control.

Image26229802_10156223941817262_1924557795565363624_n by jefflanka2008, on Flickr
Image19702199_10156223941747262_2807341163346366006_n by jefflanka2008, on Flickr
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Doesn't anyone have a job out there? Poor people have to ski all day?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Dork .. Paintbrush is open :like
Hole in the Wall nay be worth a look :idea:
Lots of pent up desire on that tram deck today :like

Pave On !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

some pics from today:

Quote from Ty: The one where you see hiking, John is the first one. I did not hike but did ski one of the chutes in the area .

Imagep12 by jefflanka2008, on Flickr
Imagep11 by jefflanka2008, on Flickr
Imagep10 by jefflanka2008, on Flickr
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

John's training. GREAT for KMS and KSC. wear your KSC or KMS jackets to show where East Coasters can keep up with the Rockies or, add ICE and be a hero. Rip a few good lines for us old farts.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We waited 2 hours to load the Tram because they were doing avalanche control. Rendezvous bowl this time was wonderful and I skied near the trees on the left this time so had no problem skiing it. The snow was heavy but the steepness helped. We ended up doing a bunch of runs off the Marmot chair as it was the only chair to have a reasonable line. Eventually we moved over to the Sublette lift in order to get over to the Tensleep Bowl so Iceman could hike up and ski Coombs. I opted to ski Cirque and some trees below it. Iceman was tired from doing the hike so after a late lunch he quit skiing. I continued by skiing some runs including trees off the Casper and Teton lifts since we had not skied that area yet. Skied until the lifts close because I was told by a local that tomorrow will be a zoo with lots of local clubs coming out to ski on the weekend. Tomorrow we get a day of sunshine and it will be our last day of skiing. Looking forward to seeing blue skies and the sun.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:We waited 2 hours to load the Tram because they were doing avalanche control. Rendezvous bowl this time was wonderful and I skied near the trees on the left this time so had no problem skiing it. The snow was heavy but the steepness helped. We ended up doing a bunch of runs off the Marmot chair as it was the only chair to have a reasonable line. Eventually we moved over to the Sublette lift in order to get over to the Tensleep Bowl so Iceman could hike up and ski Coombs. I opted to ski Cirque and some trees below it. Iceman was tired from doing the hike so after a late lunch he quit skiing. I continued by skiing some runs including trees off the Casper and Teton lifts since we had not skied that area yet. Skied until the lifts close because I was told by a local that tomorrow will be a zoo with lots of local clubs coming out to ski on the weekend. Tomorrow we get a day of sunshine and it will be our last day of skiing. Looking forward to seeing blue skies and the sun.
And you're still talking to him? Did you make him sit at a different table at dinner? :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:We waited 2 hours to load the Tram because they were doing avalanche control. Rendezvous bowl this time was wonderful and I skied near the trees on the left this time so had no problem skiing it. The snow was heavy but the steepness helped. We ended up doing a bunch of runs off the Marmot chair as it was the only chair to have a reasonable line. Eventually we moved over to the Sublette lift in order to get over to the Tensleep Bowl so Iceman could hike up and ski Coombs. I opted to ski Cirque and some trees below it. Iceman was tired from doing the hike so after a late lunch he quit skiing. I continued by skiing some runs including trees off the Casper and Teton lifts since we had not skied that area yet. Skied until the lifts close because I was told by a local that tomorrow will be a zoo with lots of local clubs coming out to ski on the weekend. Tomorrow we get a day of sunshine and it will be our last day of skiing. Looking forward to seeing blue skies and the sun.
And you're still talking to him? Did you make him sit at a different table at dinner? :wink:
No i’m Not mad at him because that hike would have made me very tired too and I think he will regret not skiing longer today when we deal with the crowds tomorrow that the local guy warned us about.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
No i’m Not mad at him because that hike would have made me very tired too and I think he will regret not skiing longer today when we deal with the crowds tomorrow that the local guy warned us about.
sounds like it's already been crowded when you say only one chair had a reasonable liftline.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
RustyK wrote:Million Dollar Cowboy Bar!
Did anyone ever eat there - supposedly it’s also a steakhouse?
The place is a tourist trap. You can do much better. Even the MM is far better.
Try Burke's Chop House or even the Silver Dollar Bar in the Wort Hotel.
Last edited by G-smashed on Jan 13th, '18, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
sounds like it's already been crowded when you say only one chair had a reasonable liftline.
Yeah a lot of locals came out yesterday. Iceman helped a local locate the ski she had lost jumping off a cliff. Locals say this is the most snow they have seen in a while and they don’t know if they will get much more in the future based on what has happened the past months. They are getting people from Utah, Colorado and California because of the lack of snow at their resorts. Rode the tram the other day with a guy who normally works at Alta and he said it’s been bad there.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Another late start for us. They are still doing avalanche control. The snow that has fallen the last few days has been a high moisture one. Iceman wants to wait to go out until the lifts start turning. No new snow fell last night.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Saturday was our last skiing day in Jackson Hole and it was cloudy with snow showers going on. In addition the top part of the mountain had a cloud like the Killington cloud which made visibility difficult. On top we skied either in the trees or close to the tree line. Iceman really liked the conditions on one of the Alta chutes so he skied it several times. He wanted me to ski it too but it was bit too tight for me so I went over to the next one which was wider. Iceman would have liked to try Corbett's but even on our last day it was still closed. Iceman tweaked the back of his knee and decided to quit early as skiing was painful. I opted to ski the lower areas off Marmot, Casper and Teton lifts. I loved all the woods in the area and even got to ski two areas I had not done before. Last night we went into town to some shopping and we had dinner at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. We were disappointed that they had run out of elk but I got bison and Iceman had venison. Both were very good although pricey. The place certainly has changed since I was there many years ago.