Wednesday 1/10/18

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Wednesday 1/10/18

Post by PinnacleJim »

Best day of 2018 for me so far. Sun and blue skis, comfortable temps, little wind, and very good snow surfaces. What's not to like!?! The groomers ski better and better each day. But the action is on the nats or where snow was made yesterday (and now off). The list I hit today includes Vertigo, Breakaway Great Bear, Northstar, Upper Dream Maker, and Double Dipper. A number were worth repeats. Lots of smiling faces today.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday 1/10/18

Post by Bubba »

What he said! It was beautiful out there.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

on the day when i was originally scheduled to get my new knee, had one of the best days of the season. perfect 10 out there. spent most of the day hitting as much nat terrain as we could. because of the arctic temps of the last 2 weeks, that meant mostly snowdon and the canyon. our rotd was dipper woods followed by low rider though we heard other folks proclaiming vertigo, downdraft or double dip as their rotd. whatever it was, it was hard to go wrong today.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

ROTD - Highline :ani_smiles:
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Will post detailed report. For now

VERTIGO. Nuff said. Get it before the weekrnd.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Another great one out there WITH sun and no wind !!

ROTD: Vertigo with perfect man made snow TTB. Worth 4 do overs as my day approached the closing bell. Get it now before the Friday weather event.

Lots of other good stuff out there. Did quite a few Snowdon runs off the quad [were not running the triple today] with Low Rider being my favorite. Good cover still. Up the gondi for Old Superstar -> Middle O -> Lower SS; nice snow left side of all three trails.

Stash Woods OK and lower Wildfire buffed clean into s mild blue square. Up the SPE for a TTB Dream Maker / Pipe run. Seems to me the pipe walls are not as high as I've seen them [maybe 18 vs 22 feet ?] before. Can anyone verify this one way or the other?

Back through Needle's Eye area where I found Vertigo and stayed there until last ride up the K1 for a very nice Big Dipper.

Bonus day with the Hatters providing craft beers for us in the parking lot with a lot of smiling faces.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yeah butt .. how was insert trail name here? :cool

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path