Saturday after the deluge - Jan 13 . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Re: Saturday after the deluge - Jan 13 . . .

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: I think we got the better worm than the early birds mostly due to the late lift openings.

ROTD: Carpenters Run. First ride up Skyeship let us out at the mid station to a very long line at the Northbrook quad. Needle's Eye chair not running [never ran; WTF] and just starting to get Skyeship stage II on line. So we hiked up the hill to Carpenters Run for a valley descent. Very nice snow there and able to get enough speed at the end to make it up the Home Stretch hill and over to GE. In the end, we skied CR three times because Needle'e Eye was the best run we found.

Second ride up Skyeship was Stages I and II !! We had noticed absolutely no one on Needle's Eye and figured it was closed. I believe it just had not yet been skied as no SS, NE, or SPE chairs running. This was at about 1:00 or so. NE [and Panic B] had a very good groom on it and was enjoyable if nothing else.

By this time, no significant line on SS chair and the other Snowdon chair lines were empty. Cold ride up the Snowdon Triple to an East Fall that was also OK [better than I would have expected].

Upper . Middle Skyelark were very good as I believe they had blown some new snow. Not the same for the lower section that was bordering on trecherous.

All in all, another cold day out there and not the best skiing, but it was a bit better than I expected.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Re: Saturday after the deluge - Jan 13 . . .

Post by brownman »

Hope nobody damaged themselves too badly yesterday 8)
Lots of patrons in ski pants sampling Long Trail at the brewery tour. :wink:

Never forget..
'The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese'

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path