Outer Limits...??

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

sleddog
Beginner On Rentals

Outer Limits...??

Post by sleddog »

This is what I read on the conditions page this morning: Killington snowmakers are back on the job and you'll see them throughout the long weekend, improving snow surfaces with spot guns at dozens of locations across the mountain. Overnight, they resurfaced Lower Bittersweet, Lower Skyeburst and Outer Limits and today they will move on to resurface Skyelark and Ovation. When I got to Bear they had about 6 tower guns running on OL and it was closed...f#$%ing perfect.!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Outer Limits...??

Post by skiadikt »

sleddog wrote:This is what I read on the conditions page this morning: Killington snowmakers are back on the job and you'll see them throughout the long weekend, improving snow surfaces with spot guns at dozens of locations across the mountain. Overnight, they resurfaced Lower Bittersweet, Lower Skyeburst and Outer Limits and today they will move on to resurface Skyelark and Ovation. When I got to Bear they had about 6 tower guns running on OL and it was closed...f#$%ing perfect.!!
don't think they started lighting up ol until the morning. now t-t-b and as i was leaving noticed folks were skiing it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
bruceol
Green Skidder

Post by bruceol »

I read that report also, when I got there at 10;00 am and saw it closed I was crushed.....everything else was an ice fest, ...
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Not sure when they opened it, but it was open about 2:00 or so and very good. 90+ % beautiful man made snow and small amount of ice every now and then.

Also, at that time, the snowmakers were making their way down the hill adjusting the guns and hoses, etc. Thus, guessing they were planning on leaving the guns on it for a while. Should be really good today [Monday].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

I hope you guys were able to get on it Monday. They did leave the guns on through the night from what I heard and shut them off sometime early in the day.

I took two laps on it mid day and it was really good. With that said, we were starting to gnaw our way down through the new man made snow to the bulletproof base below. The slid and slam bumps were starting to form in several places. However, there were also very good stretches with no ice still.

Be careful half way down the entrance 'chute' as the gnarly ice glacier I reported on a week or so ago ain't going no where. It WILL take you down if you are not careful.

From what I heard, the Monday early birds really got the goods on it.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Skiwarrior
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Skiwarrior »

By the afternoon it was all slide and slam. Saw a guy slam his skis between two moguls and broke it right under the binding.