sunday 1/14/2018 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

sunday 1/14/2018 report

Post by skiadikt »

still pretty damn cold but a beautiful sunny day. conditions were meh. we got our dozen and split. things got scraped pretty quickly. the "best" skiing (and i use that term loosely) was on trail sections like lower skyeburst or skye lark where they were making snow. when i asked a ski partner what she thought rotd was, she replied mts - that about sums it up. never hit the canyon or needles. the needles lift was a late start and there was a good sized line for skyeship 2. glad for the mtn that there was a good sized crowd. the downside, the crowd combined with the conditions made for some scary skiing at times.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: sunday 1/14/2018 report

Post by MrsG »

First bell headed to Bear - everything there good, very edge-able surface . . . except watching a ski patrol boarder scraping his way down OL. After doing some 'do overs' to stay on the warm side of the mountain, headed to Needles and got some runs in off the Skyship before the line became an issue. Headed to The Peak for a warmup and found seats, but filled up pretty quickly . . . ride down from Peak was scary crowded!!!
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

Sunny bluebird day. The -3 start on SPQ at Bear with a lift stop after loading caused a chill but after some fun runs switched to warmer Bear Quad lift for laps. What a difference the snow surface was after yesterday. The Skyeship II pod skied well and so did Skyelark.

A needed warm up at the Peak for coffee brought my toes back to life after a chairlift bar snapped my power strap and my right boot heater off and shut down the radiant heat.

Tomorrow is a new beginning!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

The view from the Peak Lodge was pretty good, otherwise

QOTD:

"One notch above shitty."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

OL was very good yesterday...nothign else was though...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Nice cold day with a lot of traffic and 'skied off' trails.

ROTD: OL in the afternoon. About as good as it gets aside from it being crowded. Guns had been on it all day and were still on at closing bell so should be good Monday.

Middle Skyelark with sporadic guns on was pretty good; lower Skyelark was still trecherous.

Highline was pretty good after the race training was over.

Dream Maker [from the start of the park] down to the pipe was also pretty good in the afternoon. Carveable marbles on the back sides of the jump landing areas was fun and the very lower section in the full afternoon sun was very good. Pipe was OK as well.

Final run down Great Eastern to Rte 4 was slick to say the least.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

GIS MLK Weekend Report

Cold sunshine with blue skies greeted the holiday weekend ski crowd. Wet weather on Friday has killed the beautiful natural snow terrain keeping folks on the groomed base that remains. Snowmakers have the guns fired up attempting to regain some of the soft magic that we have enjoyed up this point. Ski fans from far and wide came out to slide around on some of the best ice we have seen since the World Cup was in town. Chilling in the lift lines was way more fun then sliding down some of the slopes so we added a few bar stops to keep the day interesting. Highlight of the weekend was the grand opening of the Killington Beer Company as we welcomed our very own micro brewery to town.

Grade C-

Quote of the Day – The good news is that conditions can only improve from this point.
Attachments
Slowdon Quad.jpg
Slowdon Quad.jpg (272.4 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Heading Down.jpg
Heading Down.jpg (261.41 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Fresh Cover.jpg
Fresh Cover.jpg (255.01 KiB) Viewed 412 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.