NSR: NSR (No Shoes Radio)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

NSR: NSR (No Shoes Radio)

Post by Bubba »

Anyone else into Sirius XM Channel 57, Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Radio? It's identified as country but it plays an eclectic mix of everything including country, rock, reggae and even a little rap. You're as likely to hear Bob Marley, Beyoncé or Kenny Chesney as you are to hear Entrain, who used to play Killington. Been listening since last spring and really enjoy it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GSKI
Powderhound

Re: NSR: NSR (No Shoes Radio)

Post by GSKI »

Want to get Sirius for cheap? Tell them you want to cancel they then send you to another staff member and they make you an offer. Refuse it and they make you another. The best deal is $25 for 5 months. It is definitely worth it for $6 a month not so much for the $15 or so list price. Been playing that since 2011. Nice to have almost perfect radio reception all the time and a lot of interesting channels.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

GSKI wrote: Nice to have almost perfect radio reception all the time and a lot of interesting channels.
Tried it primarily for the drive to VT. So many dead zones on 100/103/4 that it wasn't worth keeping it.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Tried it primarily for the drive to VT. So many dead zones on 100/103/4 that it wasn't worth keeping it.
Really this is odd. I live in HILLSborough country NH where you get no AM and like 2 FM stations and it works perfect and I drive all around NE from Mass to ME and never had more than a blip or two when it did not work. I also drive from NH to K through Ludlow to 100 and it always worked.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

GSKI wrote:
Really this is odd. I live in HILLSborough country NH where you get no AM and like 2 FM stations and it works perfect and I drive all around NE from Mass to ME and never had more than a blip or two when it did not work.
I figured the satellite was low enough on the horizon that many hills blocked it. Proctorsville Gulf on 103 is a long dead zone, and there are many.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Mister Moose wrote:
GSKI wrote: Nice to have almost perfect radio reception all the time and a lot of interesting channels.
Once the leaves come out it is worthless on the back roads so I gave it up also. Pain in the ass to cancel, I even tried blocking them from charging my CC and they still managed to charge it!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
doofus
Green Skidder

Post by doofus »

Been a Sirius subscriber for over 10 years, when you put 30,000 miles a year on the roads it is a necessity. I stumbled upon NSR about a year ago and have loved the eclectic mix. Unlike other Sirius stations you don't get the same 50 songs playing over and over again.
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."
-Satchel Paige
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Thanks for the info here, I just bought a new Jeep on Saturday and it came included with a year subscription...I haven't even figured the whole multimedia thing out yet (I never had been a big "options" purchaser on vehicles before, my old Compass had just radio/CD/mp3 input...the Renegade I got isn't the "lowest level trim package", so I have some homework to do today before heading up to Cannon tomorrow).
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

That's odd .. would have expected Bubba to be a Studio 54 channel fan. 8)

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

I bought a subscription back in 2005 for $500 for "lifetime". What that really means is 3 cars lifetime. I'm on car #2 now and I keep my cars a long time.
So it's paid off pretty well. But they don't give me access to some of the new channels, which really is no loss.

There is a dead spot on Rt 4 after Sugar and Spice up to around Wheelerville Rd. The mountain on the south side blocks the signal.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Bubba wrote:Anyone else into Sirius XM Channel 57, Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Radio? It's identified as country but it plays an eclectic mix of everything including country, rock, reggae and even a little rap. You're as likely to hear Bob Marley, Beyoncé or Kenny Chesney as you are to hear Entrain, who used to play Killington. Been listening since last spring and really enjoy it.
What are your other presets? 40s on 40 and that LGBT channel? I know that one is McGuillicuddy's favorite.

Geoff, out.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Good call Bubba.
Decent programming. :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path