k2 ikonic 84

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

k2 ikonic 84

Post by skiadikt »

anyone have any beta on this ski. demoed it the other day. big change from my 111 underfoot salomon czars that i've been skiing the last 6+ yrs.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: k2 ikonic 84

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:anyone have any beta on this ski. demoed it the other day. big change from my 111 underfoot salomon czars that i've been skiing the last 6+ yrs.
111 underfoot, no wonder yer knees are trashed...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

skiadikt wrote:anyone have any beta on this ski. demoed it the other day. big change from my 111 underfoot salomon czars that i've been skiing the last 6+ yrs.
Based on what you report on, I can't believe you are on such a wide ski.

Might want to also check out the Rossi Experience line. I have the 84 HD. They also make it 88 underfoot as well as narrower [but this might have a different name].
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

2018 version improved over previous year. Great edge hold, carve up a storm, bumps, crud buster. Totally different direction than anything at the 110mm width. They are designed for 80/20 trail to off trail ratio.

If you are used to the width, why not try the K2 Pinnacle 95 or 105? Super good edge hold, yet they play around easily in all conditions. The 95mm waist is great for the eastern trails, generous rocker tip and small rocker tail. 17m radius in the 177cm. They do everything you find at Killington real well and can make every turn shape you desire without hesitation. My short time on the Experience 88 showed me that it clearly prefers a nice medium radius shape far more than shorter radius I like for bumps & K trees.

Looking for something closer to your current boards? Unless you are a lightweight and don't need the extra width & beef, the Pinnacle 105 will float a bit better, smears everything, edges like a Mantra, solid base of support while still carving the groomers. Same shape and core materials as the P95.

Both the 95 and 105 are relatively light.

The 2017 versions of each are also great, and can be had a great prices. But they are not as strong in the edge. For the east, get the 2018 versions.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

It's yet another shitty, unremarkable K2 product made in China?

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-revie ... -ikonic-84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

177cm max length. ROFLMAO. :violin
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

That's why I pointed him to the 2018 Pinnacle series. Way more fun, more versatile, highly rated reviews for this year, thus hard to find.

Maybe the Enforcer 93 and 100 comparable to the Pinnacles, although more of a damp feel and they handle a bit more speed. Neither of which attract me, I prefer more lively, responsive, quick and I don't need more groomer speed. P series are plenty fast as is. Trees, bumps, crud is where they shine.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Highway Star wrote:

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-revie ... -ikonic-84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What skis does the great and powerful HS own? I am sure they are superior in every way.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

throbster wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

What skis does the great and powerful HS own? I am sure they are superior in every way.
AKER SOLUTIONS ARENDAL

555 METRE(S)

NORWAY (ARENDAL)

The longest skis are 555 m (1,820 ft 10.35 in) long and were worn by 170 skiers in an event organized by Aker Solutions Arendal (Norway) in Arendal, Norway, on 20 February 2011. The skies moved 13.5 metres (44 ft 3 in).
apparently he bought these used and was able to mount these sweet risers ...

paired up w these killer bindings

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

throbster wrote:I am sure they are superior in every way.
You are correct in your assumption.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:
throbster wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

AKER SOLUTIONS ARENDAL

555 METRE(S)

NORWAY (ARENDAL)

The longest skis are 555 m (1,820 ft 10.35 in) long and were worn by 170 skiers in an event organized by Aker Solutions Arendal (Norway) in Arendal, Norway, on 20 February 2011. The skies moved 13.5 metres (44 ft 3 in).
apparently he bought these used and was able to mount these sweet risers ...

paired up w these killer bindings

Highway Star wrote:
You are correct in your assumption.
figured as much...
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

da Pimp wrote:That's why I pointed him to the 2018 Pinnacle series. Way more fun, more versatile, highly rated reviews for this year, thus hard to find.

Maybe the Enforcer 93 and 100 comparable to the Pinnacles, although more of a damp feel and they handle a bit more speed. Neither of which attract me, I prefer more lively, responsive, quick and I don't need more groomer speed. P series are plenty fast as is. Trees, bumps, crud is where they shine.
The K2 Pinochle looks like it might be somewhat respectable in the "adult men's" size of 191cm, but it's probably just as whippy and under gunned as the 193 enforcer 100. :violin

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
da Pimp wrote:That's why I pointed him to the 2018 Pinnacle series. Way more fun, more versatile, highly rated reviews for this year, thus hard to find.

The K2 Pinochle looks like it might be somewhat respectable in the "adult men's" size of 191cm, but it's probably just as whippy and under gunned as the 193 enforcer 100. :violin
yeah he needs a ski that's almost a foot over his head :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

yeah he needs a ski that's almost a foot over his head :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang
He's 5'3"............? Really? :violin

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Haven't been a fan of K2s for some time, but the Pinnacles seem better than most of their recent products. If you are looking for something in the mid-80s width for eastern conditions, I would look at the Head Monster 88 and 83, Fischer Pro Mtn 86, and Blizzard Brahma, in addition to the Rossi Experience previously mentioned.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

He's 5'3"............? Really? :violin
he's no where near 6'3" nor is he of large frame, he's also in his sixties and is nursing a knee injury until he can get it repaired/replaced...we all know you like a ski in ridiculous lengths w riser plates and 18 DIN bindings...that's about the exact opposite direction skiadikt sb looking to go...

85-90 underfoot is far more knee friendly and for someone his size and sb sufficient in most conditions... I assume he'll still have the 111's for snorkel days...
mach es sehr schnell