tuesday 1/16/2018 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 1/16/2018 report

Post by skiadikt »

pretty good day out there. not back to where they were but more or less recovered. nice to have a day where temp wasn't an issue. flurried most of the day but didn't amount to much. hopefully more coming. everything at bear skied well. ol was roped at ol express. not sure why. panic/needles was good if you stayed on the left side. the center was pretty slick. time for some snomaking there. upper bitter had some wet guns. rotd was supe under the guns where the snow seemed drier. cascade & east fall were as expected. flat & fast with the occasional icy spot. highline was pretty scraped after having had race training in the morning. could use a blow as well. think snow ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: tuesday 1/16/2018 report

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:pretty good day out there. not back to where they were but more or less recovered. nice to have a day where temp wasn't an issue. flurried most of the day but didn't amount to much. hopefully more coming. everything at bear skied well. ol was roped at ol express. not sure why. panic/needles was good if you stayed on the left side. the center was pretty slick. time for some snomaking there. upper bitter had some wet guns. rotd was supe under the guns where the snow seemed drier. cascade & east fall were as expected. flat & fast with the occasional icy spot. highline was pretty scraped after having had race training in the morning. could use a blow as well. think snow ...
ol express from wildfire? it looked like ice and dirt from the bear chair on sunday...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Re: tuesday 1/16/2018 report

Post by GnarDawg »

I skied across OL Express Monday - Can confirm it's a pure ice flow with a little snow near the OL side exit and dirt near the wildfire side. Thought about taking my skis off and walking but I have a core shot and busted edge so I just slid over it.

Have fun