Auto Repair Recommendations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Auto Repair Recommendations

Post by madhatter »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:Correct-a-mundo. Case in point: A4... SAME year... can have 300/310/330mm rotors. Being the son of an engineer?... I can only come up with a...WTF?....further?..original poster MAY have fared a lil better...offering up what the actual car/truck is...
yup and the avg brake and muffler shops isn;t going to know that either...same w parts stores...they only go by what the computer tells them based on what YOU tell them...I always kept the part numbers from the packaging and brought it w me when I needed brakes etc...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

rad1 wrote:I couldnt disagree more. My Mechanics messed up a number of times and we won't use them anymore. Put the wrong size rotors on my Audi in one case. Then had some lame excuse about what happened. Heard other stories locally about them making similar mistakes. Don't know many locals that use them anymore because of this.

Sorry to hear about your one off event. I am local and my wife and I have been going here for the past couple of years with no issues to report. I work on my own cars, so I’m very picky about who I’ll let touch them. Good people, good service, good prices.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

alanlw9 wrote: The funny part was my dog in the car.. She went on the ride with the mechanic. When they put the car in the bay it was too much for her I took her into the waiting room. When I was taking her out of the car I ripped my brand new ski pants in the butt. :barebutt:

Good times.. Good times..
That's funny! My Golden sleeps in the back seat floor all the time when I have it up on the lift for oil change/work. The mechanics are used to finding her back there for test drives e.c.t. :lol:
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

When I left my Grand Caravan in the Skyeship lot on Wednesday night, it was dark and all I knew for sure was that I had leaked out a lot of tranny fluid and the car wouldn't budge.

The next morning, in the light of day with a couple of tools, I was able to take enough of the grillwork off to see that a hose had come loose. I was able to get to it, reattach and reclamp it and, a little at a time, add fluid and put it in gear with my foot on the brake. It took three and a half quarts of fluid (which I got at Waterwheel from a helpful person who drove me). But it finally moved, and I was all set.

I cIosed everything up, got on the Gondola, and did a few runs before driving home.

I was lucky. But one of these days I will need a local mechanic up there. I very much appreciate the help on the thread and PMs.

A sense of community is what I have gotten from many on KZone. This is another great example.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Glad to hear it all worked out for you R .... get in touch if you ever need assistance!!! Thanks for keeping everyone updated :wink:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Southside_Bobby wrote:When I left my Grand Caravan in the Skyeship lot on Wednesday night, it was dark and all I knew for sure was that I had leaked out a lot of tranny fluid and the car wouldn't budge.

The next morning, in the light of day with a couple of tools, I was able to take enough of the grillwork off to see that a hose had come loose. I was able to get to it, reattach and reclamp it and, a little at a time, add fluid and put it in gear with my foot on the brake. It took three and a half quarts of fluid (which I got at Waterwheel from a helpful person who drove me). But it finally moved, and I was all set.

I cIosed everything up, got on the Gondola, and did a few runs before driving home.

I was lucky. But one of these days I will need a local mechanic up there. I very much appreciate the help on the thread and PMs.

A sense of community is what I have gotten from many on KZone. This is another great example.
I have a Town and Country. My power steering stopped working so I went to a local guy that takes good care of me and my vehicle. Seems the clamps they use from the factory soften up or become loose and then the hoses pop off. He replaced it with a different clamp which has held up for some time now. May want to review the clamp used and upgrade to a more adjustable or solid clamp.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?