Auto Repair Recommendations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Auto Repair Recommendations

Post by Southside_Bobby »

After a great day at K today, I got in my car to go home and it didn't cooperate. It's still in the lot, and I must deal with it tomorrow. Unless I can, against the odds, get it going with almost no tools, I will need to either get it towed back home, near Albany or tow it locally and have it repaired.

The repair may or may not be something I can repair at home, but I admit I don't feel like sitting in a tow truck for three hours.
Any recomendations? Local could be near or even down in Rutland, I suppose.

Thanks!
Last edited by Southside_Bobby on Jan 17th, '18, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Auto Repair Recommendations

Post by Bubba »

There's the place on the access road (Killington Auto Repair) or you can take it to a dealer in Rutland.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

My mechanic in bridgewater corners
47 schoolhouse rd 802 672 3538
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Southside_Bobby wrote:After a great day at K today, I got in my car to go home and it didn't cooperate. It's still in the lot, and I must deal with it tomorrow. Unless I can, against the odds, get it going with almost no tools, I will need to either get it towed back home, near Albany or tow it locally and have it repaired.

The repair may or may not be something I can repair at home, but I admit I don't feel like sitting in a tow truck for three hours.
Any recomendations? Local could be on near or even down in Rutland, I suppose.

Thanks!
Sorry R, tried to find the card we have for the former Habro - thinks it's as simple as Killington Auto or similar. Probably your best bet rather than paying both ways for a tow from Rutland - they charge to get to Killington and back. If you just need a charge, let us know, and we can help you! PM me:)

Just saw the other recommendations too!!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I would use caution dealing with the access road folks. Lots of turnover of mechanics, and the last time was very disappointing, mis-diagnosed, expensive, and they didn't stand behind it. When I asked around a number of people recommended:

Mountain Automotive
2749 River Rd,
Killington, VT 05751

(802) 422-9887

but I haven't dealt with them yet.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Mister Moose wrote:I would use caution dealing with the access road folks. Lots of turnover of mechanics, and the last time was very disappointing, mis-diagnosed, expensive, and they didn't stand behind it. When I asked around a number of people recommended:

Mountain Automotive
2749 River Rd,
Killington, VT 05751

(802) 422-9887
QUITE to the contrary...I ( shop owner....ASE Tech 32 years) HAVE , in fact , used Killington Auto ....his techs know exacttly what they are doing...I had one of my personal weekend vehicles sh*t da bed in my local driveway...rather than head home and run back up w/ my company ramptruck?.. I had the fellas do the repair. VERY reasonable....and thorough.
but I haven't dealt with them yet.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Moose .....stands corrected.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I had good experiences previously at Killington Automotive. The bad experience was grossly mis-diagnosed, and when I called the number I wasn't allowed to talk with anyone at the shop. It took forever to get the work done, and communication was like pulling teeth. Apparently the line was being answered remotely by a woman I never met who couldn't give any answers because she wasn't at the shop, and messages left frequently resulted in no call back. Mechanics came and went. If it has improved since then, perhaps I stand corrected. Once burned.... as I said I would exercise caution.

PM me if you want details - it was not as you describe.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Lots of formerly independent local contractors have bought in on call center services .. Some are administered far far away. Discovered that on a plumbing issue with a local company in Randolph that we have used for many years. Was forced to schedule with a dispatcher in VA on a job in VT. Nuts. :bang
Power to you and your vehicle.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Thanks guys. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

Snowboardgod wrote:My mechanic in bridgewater corners
47 schoolhouse rd 802 672 3538
These guys are awesome.
rad1
Green Skidder

Post by rad1 »

I couldnt disagree more. My Mechanics messed up a number of times and we won't use them anymore. Put the wrong size rotors on my Audi in one case. Then had some lame excuse about what happened. Heard other stories locally about them making similar mistakes. Don't know many locals that use them anymore because of this.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rad1 wrote:I couldnt disagree more. My Mechanics messed up a number of times and we won't use them anymore. Put the wrong size rotors on my Audi in one case. Then had some lame excuse about what happened. Heard other stories locally about them making similar mistakes. Don't know many locals that use them anymore because of this.
audi is PITA cuz they don;t go by year but by platform and mfg date to source parts...been there dealt w that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Correct-a-mundo. Case in point: A4... SAME year... can have 300/310/330mm rotors. Being the son of an engineer?... I can only come up with a...WTF?....further?..original poster MAY have fared a lil better...offering up what the actual car/truck is...
alanlw9
Beginner On Rentals

Post by alanlw9 »

I was on a joyride early afternoon on a saturday in K and my jeep started making an awful screeching/squealing noise from the front left wheel. I called Killington Auto and was connected with a woman who was not at the shop. That being said she was very nice. I had expected no one would be around and she confirmed my suspicion. I didn't expect much at 2 on a Saturday, not their fault I guess, but looking back I'm kind of surprised being a Saturday.

She did reach out to a mechanic who was heading back to K and called me back. By that time I had already said screw it I'm going to Rutland and I'll pay for whatever I break in my car on the way.

Long story short I must've just had a rock lodged somewhere because as I entered Rutland everything went back to normal (of course).

Midas was very, very helpful. Took my jeep for a ride, took all the tires off and inspected each brake for FREEEEEEEEEEEE. I was very happy with their service seeing as they were to close in an hour. Honestly felt bad I wasn't charged anything.

The funny part was my dog in the car.. She went on the ride with the mechanic. When they put the car in the bay it was too much for her I took her into the waiting room. When I was taking her out of the car I ripped my brand new ski pants in the butt. :barebutt:

Good times.. Good times..