Thursday, Jan. 18th

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Thursday, Jan. 18th

Post by Bubba »

Gloomy clouds over the upper half of the mountain gave way to thinning and finally a hint of sun vaguely shining through around noon. Snowdon quad was closed today and I'd forgotten how cold the triple could be on days like this. Snowdon and the Glades skied reasonably well with clouds visibly blowing across Rime making light about as flat as could be. Bear was the warmer and clearer place to be. Everything skied well although there were definitely chunks of grooming detritus spread over Skyburst and Wildfire. A gun or two going on Great Eastern after it passes under the Skye Peak Express made for low visibility and soft bumps causing less accomplished skiers and riders to struggle through the area. Skye/Bitter pretty decent after you got through there.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tabe
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Thursday, Jan. 18th

Post by Tabe »

Bear in the am had some nice corduroy (if you're into that sort of thing) but my ROTD was Supe TTB under the guns.Visibilty sucked but oh all so velvety soft.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

pico thirsty thursday. pico got hit hard by the thaw with limited terrain. didn't get out until noon so everything was tracked but having said that what was open skied great. not a touch of ice, chunks or marbles on the lower mtn. much better than k. upper mtn alternated laps on pike, birch glade & lower giant killer from the easy street crossover. all featured lightly skied ungroomed pow with pike being rotd. 49'er was a bit of mixed bag due to the guns but a pleasant, laid back afternoon at k's stepchild ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

+1 on a good day at pico! Got out from 10:30 until about 1 and it was very nice. Agree that 49er was the wrotd for me. Lower mountain was in great shape all around nice soft snow everywhere and a strong snowmaking effort taking place over there as well today.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Agree about 49er as a rule (I was not there this week but I can imagine it from previous experience).

Its almost like they need to permanently have a snow gun going on that first pitch of 49er.
Don't Killington Pico
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Late afternoon report: Can't really provide an accurate overall mountain report as I did not get there until very late and only skied off of the K1 and NRT.

North Ridge was open and OK. I found good snow on Highline up against the mogul field fence on the right side. East Fall pretty scratchy as well as Cascade. Middle Downdraft had some interesting skiing on it and I heard Escapade was OK as well.

I heard that Supe was the place to be under the guns. WIll be hitting that tomorrow.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!