The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by Bubba »

From Vermont Business Magazine

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2018/january ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
urungus
Beginner On Rentals

Post by urungus »

Here is a list of the many Eastern resorts on the MAX Pass that are not on this new IKON pass. And they haven’t added any new Eastern resorts to the IKON. Pretty disappointing. I don’t travel to Colorado or Wyoming much, so adding resorts out there isn’t much of a benefit to me.

Pico
Gore
Whiteface
Belleayre
Okemo
Sunapee
Mont Sainte Anne
Mountain Creek
Stoneham
Wachusett
Windham
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Thinking about it more for our situation, the Ikon pass is certainly a downgrade as compared to the Max pass, it almost does not matter what the cost is.

We will for sure be buying our usual Pico passes and Killington spring passes, and unless there is a 3-5 days at each of the participating mountains at a crazy cheap price, or if unlimited is somewhere in the $500 range, (which i don’t see happening) this Ikon will be a non starter for us.

Losing Okemo takes away a convenient day trip option. Utah is the easiest direct flight from Boston and swapping Solitude and Brighton for Alta and Deer Valley is a downgrade simply because of the snowboarding policies.

I don’t know if Max was profitable. Maybe it wasn’t and that is why it is going away, but they are likely losing our family as customers.
Don't Killington Pico
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

boston_e wrote:I don’t know if Max was profitable. Maybe it wasn’t and that is why it is going away, but they are likely losing our family as customers.
The Max pass will likely be losing all customers as it goes away.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

I'm guessing the economics did not work for the non-feeder hills.

Too bad - it was nice for families and the occasional skier - but I won't miss the Max pass people that have been crowding our lift lines on Saturday.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

IKON details....

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/ikon-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Stormchaser wrote:IKON details....

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/ikon-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pass...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

madhatter wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:IKON details....

pass...
Only 7 days at K makes it a no go. Unless it becomes an add on feature to the full pass, I too am likely out.

Unlimited at Copper but not K?
ImageImageImageImage
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I don't get it. Looks like an attempt to compete in the west against the Vail Epic passes. But without an unlimited option for Killington, it isn't going to work for me.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

IKON = EPIC FAIL.

They should change their name from "IKON" to "Mountains that nobody cares about".
Last edited by Highway Star on Feb 22nd, '18, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

K sending emails to me about it. Guess they must not want me to buy a season pass anymore.....

IKON PASS GOES ON SALE MARCH 6

Unlock what you love most about the mountains and get ready to experience the new standard in season passes. With 26 iconic destinations across North America, including access to Killington Resort, your new home mountain is everywhere. All season passes, including Ikon Passes, go on sale March 6 with options to choose from so you can create your own great adventure.
Where is Happy Hour ?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

UNLIMITED SKIING AT MOUNTAINS NOBODY CARES ABOUT. I'M SURE THAT WILL COMPETE SUPER WELL WITH THE EPIC PASS.

ARE THESE PEOPLE AS STUPID AS I THINK THEY ARE?

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

FURTHER proof.... Powdr hasnt a friggin clue who their target market actually is. Marketing 101 ( my freshman year , no less...) was lost on these people...and FULLY supports most K homeowners...that Powdr is just grabbin the $$ out of this fine place. Ikon't....imagine anyone buying this crap....Humptys Yiddishah comedian brutha...out
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Max pass add on option was way better. This pass is a huge disappointment IMO.
Don't Killington Pico