The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by Highway Star »

boston_e wrote:
skiadikt wrote:this pass sounds great. big improvement over the max, throwing alta/bird, the cali resorts & jackson in there. obviously big question is the cost.

if you already have a k pass, you can ski at pico.
From their facebook page it seems as if you cannot ski Pico if you have this Ikon pass.
Pico can suck it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

This is interesting - I think it's all of the Mountain Collective resorts except Revelstoke.

Whistler and Stowe are Vails 2 best hills. This pass covers alot more ground.

I'd buy the add on if it's less than $500 -
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Highway Star wrote:
Skivt2 wrote:So Pico will be a ghost town if most K locals can’t ski there. Most people would choose an Icon pass vs a K pass if K is unlimited on Icon.
LOL. If they do actually offer an unlimited pass, it's going to be like $2000.

That's why this pass is sh*t, and why Vail sells 750,000 epic passes every year.
From the K facebook page it will be unlimited at some resorts and a set number of days at others. Details to be released soon.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

hillbangin wrote:This is interesting - I think it's all of the Mountain Collective resorts except Revelstoke.

Will be interesting to see if it is an add on product or not.

The way I am reading it is that it is it's own pass product (not an add on to each mountains individual pass).
Don't Killington Pico
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

boston_e wrote:
hillbangin wrote:This is interesting - I think it's all of the Mountain Collective resorts except Revelstoke.

The way I am reading it is that it is it's own pass product (not an add on to each mountains individual pass).
It appears to be somewhat replacing the MAX pass, which had both a stand alone and add on option...
ImageImageImageImage
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

I've noticed a TON of MAXX passes this year.

I think it's part of the crowding issue.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Stormchaser wrote:
boston_e wrote:

It appears to be somewhat replacing the MAX pass, which had both a stand alone and add on option...
agree stormy. pretty sure k will continue offering their own pass product.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

This takes away any possible interest I had in getting an Epic pass, and turns it into a definite yes for Ikon next season.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

boston_e wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
Skivt2 wrote:So Pico will be a ghost town if most K locals can’t ski there. Most people would choose an Icon pass vs a K pass if K is unlimited on Icon.
LOL. If they do actually offer an unlimited pass, it's going to be like $2000.

That's why this pass is sh*t, and why Vail sells 750,000 epic passes every year.
From the K facebook page it will be unlimited at some resorts and a set number of days at others. Details to be released soon.
Don't worry, whatever they do, it's still going to blow goats compared to an Epic pass.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

:roll:
Where is Happy Hour ?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Jackson Hole's early pass price is about $1400 and their season is ~130 days long. What makes you think an unlimited IKON pass would be any less than $1500, if not closer to $2000?

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

skiadikt wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
boston_e wrote:

agree stormy. pretty sure k will continue offering their own pass product.
Of course K will continue to offer their own pass product.

I'm curious if one will be able to "add on" an icon pass to a killington pass for a reduced rate? Or will we have to choose between buying a killington pass or a full price icon pass?
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Highway Star wrote:Jackson Hole's early pass price is about $1400 and their season is ~130 days long. What makes you think an unlimited IKON pass would be any less than $1500, if not closer to $2000?
They have already said that not all mountains are going to be unlimited on the IKON pass.

For all we know, it might not even be unlimited days at Killington.
Don't Killington Pico
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

They said there will be multiple options some with set numbers of days going all the way up to unlimited everywhere.

This is not going to cost much more and may well even be less than the Epic Pass because they need to compete with it. For many people, price is all that matters.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

snoloco wrote:They said there will be multiple options some with set numbers of days going all the way up to unlimited everywhere.

This is not going to cost much more and may well even be less than the Epic Pass because they need to compete with it. For many people, price is all that matters.
Where was that?

From Killington’s Facebook page: Ikon Pass pass privileges will range from full unlimited access to a set number of days that will vary by destination. More details to be released in the coming weeks.
Don't Killington Pico