The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by Highway Star »

I always email Killington back when they email me BS spam that is upsetting.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

I don't understand the logic behind limiting days at K. Are we actually being encouraged to ski elsewhere by Killington's parent company? K needs to pull out before this chick gets pregnant...
ImageImageImageImage
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Stormchaser wrote:I don't understand the logic behind limiting days at K. Are we actually being encouraged to ski elsewhere by Killington's parent company? K needs to pull out before this chick gets pregnant...
They don’t want to sell Ikon passes at the expense of Beast passes.
Don't Killington Pico
livia01
Green Skidder

Post by livia01 »

Ugh!
you would have thought only a couple of the exclusive resorts would be limited, Killington not being one of them!!
So disappointing!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

boston_e wrote:They don’t want to sell Ikon passes.
Fixed it for you.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Any word on whether Ikon will be available as an add-on option to the beast pass at a better price point? That would be something I might consider, but not the stand-alone pass.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

If the K option was unlimited, the IKON Pass would be a no brainer. But $900 IKON + $900 K Unlimited = brain dead. Don't see many traditional K pass holders having an interest in this product as it currently stands.
fowlpox
Beginner On Rentals

Post by fowlpox »

I am also disappointed. I ski mainly PICO/Killington. In the past I have a season PICO pass and Killington Spring pass. I usually fly somewhere out west or to Europe for a week. This year I bought the Max Pass add on to my PICO Pass and for my family. This year I skied more than ever. I did 2 days at Okemo, 20 days at PICO, 5 days at Killington, 1 day at Mountain Creek, 1 day at Whiteface and 5 days at Winter park, CO. I would have never gone to Winter Park unless I had the Max Pass, instead, I would have gone to Whistler, Vail. Winter Park was great and worth going to. I have spent more money on skiing this year than any year in the past despite the poor snow conditions.

If the ikon pass had the same mountain offerings the Max pass and unlimited skiing, I would shell out the $850 X4 for my family. I would still ski mainly at PICO. When one is a yearly season holder for a long time, you eventually get bored and you ski elsewhere to change things up. The question is if that somewhere else is going to be in network or not. I am sure that there were more OKemo Max pass holders that came to Killington for a day trip than the other way around.

Currently, I do not see the value of the IKON pass esp with $62 Costco Killington tickets available
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Coydog wrote:If the K option was unlimited, the IKON Pass would be a no brainer. But $900 IKON + $900 K Unlimited = brain dead. Don't see many traditional K pass holders having an interest in this product as it currently stands.
Agreed. The max pass add on was a no brainier for us. I can't imagine we will do this pass. That is probably deliberate on Powdrs part though. Their target customer for this is not people who would have otherwise bought Beast Passes. As Kpdemello mentioned if there was an add on option we might consider it.

After their big marketing splash, I'm very disappointed overall in the offering.
Don't Killington Pico
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Kpdemello wrote:Any word on whether Ikon will be available as an add-on option to the beast pass at a better price point? That would be something I might consider, but not the stand-alone pass.
yup as others have said, as an add-on similar to the max, this would be great. as it stands now, there's little reason for beast pass holders to purchase this. i'd be more likely to purchase the less expensive epic pass to supplement my k pass.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

It appears there is no add on rate. Also the Boston market is totally screwed as Loon, Sugarbush, and Sunday River are not unlimited. And Stratton is only unlimited with the more expensive Ikon Pass.

The Ikon pass will be the season pass as all the unlimited mountains but it won't be at the non Alterra mountains.

Out west it isn't unlimited at Deer Valley or Alta/Snowbird so Vail will still win the Utah market with the combined Park City on the epic pass.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

According to the Ikon FAQ, the mountain collective pass will be offered for 18/19...
WILL THE MOUNTAIN COLLECTIVE BE AVAILABLE FOR WINTER 2018/2019?
Yes. The Mountain Collective will still be available for winter 2018-2019, however the Mountain Collective is not an Alterra Mountain Company product. For more information, please visit mountaincollective.com.
https://www.ikonpass.com/en/faq#Destinations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

So bummed out. Since IKON is likely controlled by Alterra, it's all about their needing to compete with the Epic pass out west.

I will now wait to see the Mountain Collective pricing for next year, since I would take advantage of days at Snowbird, Alta, Snowbasin, Sugarbush.

Unless the passing of dad Ian Cumming and his 51% Snowbird ownership will result in John Cumming offering some type of POWDR priviledges at Snowbird.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

snoloco wrote:It appears there is no add on rate. Also the Boston market is totally screwed as Loon, Sugarbush, and Sunday River are not unlimited. And Stratton is only unlimited with the more expensive Ikon Pass.

The Ikon pass will be the season pass as all the unlimited mountains but it won't be at the non Alterra mountains.

Out west it isn't unlimited at Deer Valley or Alta/Snowbird so Vail will still win the Utah market with the combined Park City on the epic pass.
But unlimited at Copper? What's that logic?
ImageImageImageImage
HomeStretchFan
Green Skidder

Post by HomeStretchFan »

There is far more price competition out west, and it's why they need to make most places unlimited there -- to compete with Vail's Epic Pass.

The best thing that could happen out east is for vail to but one or two more resorts -- and force the hand of the resorts out here.

It would also probably bankrupt 50 percent of the resorts out here -- considering all the expenses and red tape.