The Beast Joins IKON!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

machski
Black Carver

Re: The Beast Joins IKON!

Post by machski »

Interesting Powdr did not include Bachelor on the Ikon pass, it's on the Max Pass currently.
livia01
Green Skidder

Post by livia01 »

an epic local (blackout) pass was only 649 and only vail, beaver creek, whistler and stowe had 10 day limit.
not as many days blacked out as K's old blackout
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

I believe all of the Alterra mountains will be unlimited as well as some of the partners. I think Killington could easily be one of the unlimited ones.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

liv4ski wrote:I've been hoping for a pass that covers both K and Bird. JH is icing on the cake.
Wish we had it this year. I could have used it at JH.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Where Pico/Killington is my “home” area, I’m disappointed in the loss of Okemo with the max pass add on.

It is nice to have it as an occasional option this year. Hopefully they bring back some sort of reciprocity again.
Don't Killington Pico
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

It'll be interesting to see if this turns out to be anything more than a new MAX pass. POWDR doesn't even currently have a pass good across its resorts. Even in just Colorado, there is a huge difference in the season pass prices at Copper and Winter Park compared to Aspen and Snowmass. I doubt you will see the Aspen pass prices coming down and if they raise the prices of the Copper and WP passes, they will lose the Denver skiers to the Vail I70 resorts.

Vail Resorts has it much easier with its passes as they own or control all the resorts (except A-Basin).
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

boston_e wrote:Where Pico/Killington is my “home” area, I’m disappointed in the loss of Okemo with the max pass add on.

It is nice to have it as an occasional option this year. Hopefully they bring back some sort of reciprocity again.
While Okemo is certainly convenient, Stratton is a far better mountain. The lift system is great and handles crowds well, the summit elevation is 4000ft so they actually get natural snow, and there is top notch tree skiing on the upper mountain. While they lack the variety of steeps of Killington, their groomer skiing is great and they have some natural trails. The crowd there is a bit more refined than the rif-raf of Mt. Snow and Kton. It's also about an hour closer to southerly metro areas on the NY side, unfortunately its harder to get to from Boston due to the Rt 2 slog.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

The helicopter angle is unique :shock:
Summer activity at a heli resort consists of what exactly :?

Glad Aspen finally got tired of watching Katz dominate.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

brownman wrote:The helicopter angle is unique :shock:
Summer activity at a heli resort consists of what exactly :?

Glad Aspen finally got tired of watching Katz dominate.

Flyfishing?
ImageImageImageImage
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Highway Star wrote:
boston_e wrote:Where Pico/Killington is my “home” area, I’m disappointed in the loss of Okemo with the max pass add on.

While Okemo is certainly convenient, Stratton is a far better mountain. The lift system is great and handles crowds well, the summit elevation is 4000ft so they actually get natural snow, and there is top notch tree skiing on the upper mountain. While they lack the variety of steeps of Killington, their groomer skiing is great and they have some natural trails. The crowd there is a bit more refined than the rif-raf of Mt. Snow and Kton. It's also about an hour closer to southerly metro areas on the NY side, unfortunately its harder to get to from Boston due to the Rt 2 slog.
30ish min to Okemo from our Killington house vs 1 hour Or more to Stratton.

Doubtful we would ever go to Stratton.
Last edited by boston_e on Jan 26th, '18, 12:05, edited 3 times in total.
Don't Killington Pico
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

boston_e wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

30ish min to Okemo from our Killington house vs 1 hour + to Stratton... doubtful I would ever do it
Where's home? Is it on the way? Sundays at Stratton on the way home?
ImageImageImageImage
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Stormchaser wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

30ish min to Okemo from our Killington house vs 1 hour + to Stratton... doubtful I would ever do it
North shore coastal Mass so it would be way out of the way for us.

Sunapee would work really well for that though this year as we drive down 89...
Don't Killington Pico
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

boston_e wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

North shore coastal Mass so it would be way out of the way for us.

Sunapee would work really well for that though this year as we drive down 89...
Wow never would have guessed that Boston-e was from Beantown.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Guy in Shorts wrote: Wow never would have guessed that Boston-e was from Beantown.
:lol:
Don't Killington Pico
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. disappointed that Whaleback and King Ridge didn't make the cut .. :wink:
Evan is trying hard to hold things together in Enfield :like

Forever .. Goat Path