Wednesday, 2/7 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Wednesday, 2/7 Report

Post by Bubba »

Snow conditions excellent with fresh tracks on every run. Visibility limited. Weather was nasty with wind making it less than fun while riding chairs. Roads worsening quickly as plows can't keep up with 1" - 2" per hour snowfall. Sherburne Pass OK but you should be doing the downhill side in 1st or 2nd gear whichever direction you're going. Be safe out there this afternoon. Glad I'm home now.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Re: Wednesday, 2/7 Report

Post by brownman »

Beauty snowfall :smash

Everything is filled in .. Billowy ..

Who stole my sign in Twilight Zone :?:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

whoops & hollers echoing throughout the canyon. biblical proportions out there. refresh switch stuck on high. the woods have been fully restocked and the deck was shuffled every run. some runs better than i've ever seen. is it tomorrow yet ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

Word of the day - EPIC

Skied 900-430
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
santaclaus
Beginner On Rentals

Post by santaclaus »

Wonderful day on the hill in relentless weather. As mentioned the woods are back up to snuff with only a few spots hitting bottom. Magic moment arrived around 3:15 in and around Fiddle and Devils Den. We're back to normal.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Another amazing day at the beast. Every run from 11am on , better than the next.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Currently have about 10" and still coming down. Friend of mine left Westchester County at 10:45 this morning and didn't arrive in Killington until after 5:30 this afternoon. Drive carefully if you're coming up tonight.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Valentines day came early this year.
post 1:00pm really made a difference from the early shift..

funny, but runs like old supe, escapade, west glade? even though i didnt know
what they looked like yesterday, and they were drifted in and were visually tricky today?
I just trusted the the "standard line" as i know them to form, and that was the answer. whole lotta fun!

escapade/flume always a fave when do-able, so i'll give that ROTD, flume whoopdeedoos and all, love that run.

crowds seemed light to me overall. nothing better than skiing right to the trunk of your vehicle at days end.

met mrs g and crew briefly for their ski bum race outing, nice time and met a few venerable race names, good times.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Bubba wrote:Currently have about 10" and still coming down. Friend of mine left Westchester County at 10:45 this morning and didn't arrive in Killington until after 5:30 this afternoon. Drive carefully if you're coming up tonight.
Or drive this to the mountain...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... 9458916598
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

As Flounder would say "Oh Boy is this Great!" Packing up now to blow out of Joisey around 4:00 tomorrow afternoon making a run for the hills. Skiing Killington Friday followed by a hundred or so VAST miles on Saturday. Copious amounts of cheap light beer in between. Enjoy!

K4M
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

With all the soft snow, the sled trails will be 98% bumps from the crowd. Better off riding Sunday since most sled clubs groom Sat nights. Or ride Friday, same thing. Clubs get trails ready for sat with friday night grooming. Go out late, catch all flat & packed freshies.

Unless you like the bumps. With the right machine, you can rock them at speed.