friday 2/9/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 2/9/2018

Post by skiadikt »

knee crapped out after 4 days of pow & trees but for the time i was out, seemed like a good crowd was on hand. friday is the new sunday?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: friday 2/9/2018

Post by Stormchaser »

skiadikt wrote:knee crapped out after 4 days of pow & trees but for the time i was out, seemed like a good crowd was on hand. friday is the new sunday?
Perfect, switch with me. Nobody gets anything done on Fridays, I just need a body sitting at my desk...
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Since I missed the really good days, I skied from 9-4+ and tried to ski as much of the natural stuff as possible. Breakaway was great. At Bear skied the Fiddle, OL, Growler and Wildfire - none were groomed and were great. At Needles, Thimble->Chunnel->under the gondola, Upper Dreammaker to Cruise Control, Stichline and Vertigo from the top - everything skied very nicely except for the entrance to lower Vertigo which is still quite icy - rest of trail was great. At Superstar, only skied Skyhawk->Bittersweet->old HW ->Low Road and then Ovation from the top and it was all great including Lower O. At Northridge, North Ridge had been groomed which was a disappointment but according to a friend it might have been necessary because the wind might have pushed all the snow to one side. I also skied Powerline and some trees nearby. In the Canyon I skied everything with the exception of Double Dipper - I opted to ski Big Dipper instead. Also skied Escapade to Flume - great. At Snowdon, skied Northstar, Low Rider, Great Bear and Vagabond - all good.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Nice day, not too crowded except for a line at the K1. Not the best visibility, especially up top.

Skied most everything, concentrating on woods, between Rams Head (Twister warmup) and Anarchy.

ROTD: Low Rider. Picked this over a couple others due to the awesome conditions (well filled in, soft snow, zero ice) I found in there.

Twister at Rams Head was good, but surpisingly does not have the best cover.

Bunch of runs on Snowdon with North Star, Conclusion, and Royal Flush standing out. Toilet Bowl pretty good with normal 'beat to sh*t' character. Low Rider amazing.

Big Dipper and Double Dipper very good, with nice bump lines forming. However, both of these have some sections with glaze between the bumps, so gotta be on your toes.

Anarchy best I've seen it in recent years. Very little bone and almost no Ice showing; exit is OK.

Will hit some of the other side of the mountain Saturday.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

We already paved all that other side 8)

You should 'wax' heavy and skin up NE Passage .. :wink:
Thunderball ought to be superb :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path