Saturday 2/10/18 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday 2/10/18 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Nobody made a report so far so here you go. I skied with some very nice ladies today but did not get to ski as much as I wanted. Did skied Devil's Den for the first time this year. Lots of rocks to avoid but good snow in there too. The Fiddle was still skiing great as long you avoided the rocks - I actually dropped in the brush section for the last stretch and it was great. Lines were too long so we left and went to Needles. There we skied Vertigo from the top and Thimble to the Stairs. All were good. Skyhawk skied great too as long as you could see what you were skiing. The best today was in the trees where visibility was better. Ovation from the top skied great. Old Superstar to Superstar was great this morning too. Bittersweet HW was still very sweet in the brush. We spent our afternoon in the Snowdon trees and natural trails. Short day for us as we had to participate in the memorial for the coach (Buffalo Ed) that died last week on Highline at 2:15. After that that there was a memorial for him in KSC so I called it a day at that point.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there were lots of people here and that they were were parked all the way down the access road past East Mountain Road.
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Re: Saturday 2/10/18 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid Morning /Afternoon Report: Again, musta been in Ty's wake as I could repeat a lot of her report. LOTS of peeps;Skyship parking lot full by 9:00 so had to park at Bear. Very variable weather conditions through the day that changed based on location and/or elevation. Lot's of glop, especially later in the day.

Skied down to Needle's Eye (Thimble good) to find long lines at the Gondi and NE quad, and neither lift running (later, someone told us some sort of power failure ??). Took Northbrook to Superstar where line was not bad but one run later, the hordes came over from the dabacle at Needle's Eye and the line got longer. Like Ty said, Skye Hawk great, but poor visibility. Superstar lower left very good and Old Supe - > Ovation very good as well, but not as good as past few days.

ROTD: Low Rider again. Just great. Good visibility, etc. Conclusion awesome as well and Royal Flush still very good, but showing some wear.

Some of the best snow was on North RIdge. Several laps on West Glade and Power Line; lower PL was sweet.

South Ridge to Bear very good, but heavy. Then, tried a Growler but bailed out onto OL due to sticky conditions. OL was very good but really needed to work it with the loose, heavy snow conditions.

Great Apres-Ski at the Baja Burrito.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!