Sunday 2/11/18 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Sunday 2/11/18 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Today the main problem was visibility. I spent most of my morning doing laps at North Ridge and Canyon. The first time we went down Cascade it was not good but later on with more people skiing it, it got better. The groomed runs skied well. There must have been an inversion because even West Glade and Powerline had nice soft snow even though they had not been groomed. Same for Escapade. Flume, however, had some set up snow. We did ski Julio and the snow in there was skiable but not so soft. We wanted to avoid the rocky exit so we went towards Ovation but had to deal with very heavy snow. When it started to r*in we started doing runs off K1 which had no line. The mountain had very little people on it so I am guessing that a lot of them went to customer service for a voucher for another day. We skied Old Superstar to Superstar and also enjoyed skiing Ovation although it had more moguls to deal with today. After breaking for lunch we decided to try out Needles. I preferred Cruise Control to Panic/Needles but we did ski them both a few times. Friends tried Old Needles and they said it was not a doover. I wanted to try Thimble but my friends talked me out of it. The snow under the gondola was not great either. We then went to Bear and skied Skyburst and a Wildfire. It had stopped r*ining and more people came out. Lower Skylark had some very nice moguls to ski. Rode the chair with Madhatter and the Mrs. Did not ski with them because by this time we were ready to quit so we did another Ovation to get to the other side without having to skate. Got a lot of runs in today because of lack of lines but most were repeats.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Sunday 2/11/18 report

Post by Mister Moose »

tyrolean_skier wrote: The mountain had very little people on it...
Time to mobilize the attorneys.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Mister Moose wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote: The mountain had very little people on it...
Time to mobilize the attorneys.
Evidence of this in Jackson Hole, too. Hope it's not contagious.

GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Well it looks like out little comeback ski season crapped out a bit but fortunately most of the heavy r@in stayed south. Should keep most of the recent base. Today was good until 10am when it started r*ining. Nice up in the canyon even Downdraft stayed good with some vis.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid-Day Report: Mostly already been said. We got out just as the r*in left; it mostly stayed just South of K after that. Visibility varied tremendously on the mountain. Skied in areas were generally better than 'freshies'. Although we started on the Skyeship, we quickly moved across the mountain and spent most of our time on Snowdon and in the Canyon.

ROTD: Skye Lark - OK all the way down, and OK visibility when we were on it. Very nice bumps on the lower pitch.

On Snowdon, Patsies was probably the best. Vagabond and Great Bear were OK. For whatever reason, we were out of the r*in and in the 'clear' while looking across at dark gray clouds/fog on the Superstar area.

North Ridge was very good as Ty found out.

In the afternoon, Cascade was very good.

It is what it is.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!