2018 - New stuff or never going to happen

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: 2018 - New stuff or never going to happen

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
eagle628 wrote:Every time I ride the Snowdon Quad I look at the area between Snowdon and Rams Head and think about...
Every time I drive up Pico Pass I look at the desolation of Tyrol Inn, Edelweiss Inn, The ex Vermont Tap house, Snow Angels, and the failing Cortina and think how is a village or Pico expansion ever going to work at these business levels?

Or The Heights, the burnt time shares above Pepino's, King's Pines, The Vistas, the unsold Great Eastern lots, the vacant expanse across from the Foundry, the languishing Kokopeli's, the forgotten Hemingway's, the great Bubba homestead, need I go on?

Not a lot of upward pressure.
yep...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

Highway Star wrote:You guys crack me up. The only real reason Rams Head was shortened was because two concurrent lifts were going to be installed directly next to it per ASC's 4-lift interconnect plans, then a long lift next to that, and a Pico side lift. So there was some sort of advantage of a shorter lift there.

But in reality, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why a modern high speed lift can't run to the top of Rams Head, and why trails can't be widened and graded to accommodate low ability skiers. This fits much better with having a simpler interconnect.
They could skip the regrading of trails and just put a mid station in at the current HSQ's unload point. Only needs to detach on the uphill side.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

boston_e wrote:Never build the interconnect! Pico does not need the Killington herbs and bozos over there and it will ruin the existing Pico dynamic.

That being said, do replace the SRT this summer!!!
I find this post bizarre as you are trying to protect the PICO vibe, yet are OK with killing one of the few areas that doesn't get tracked up immediately after a storm at Killington.

Let's do the connector, much like the South Ridge, tourist won't go there anyway as it "looks remote"...
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Seacoaster wrote:
boston_e wrote:Never build the interconnect! Pico does not need the Killington herbs and bozos over there and it will ruin the existing Pico dynamic.

I find this post bizarre as you are trying to protect the PICO vibe, yet are OK with killing one of the few areas that doesn't get tracked up immediately after a storm at Killington.

Let's do the connector, much like the South Ridge, tourist won't go there anyway as it "looks remote"...
Actually since they have such reduced rate passes for both kids and adults, Pico now gets tracked faster than Killy imo. I mostly drive past on powder days as its usually mobbed
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

There already is an interconnect. Not very difficult to lap the goods. The hike is pretty easy as well.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Seacoaster wrote:

The vibe at Pico is much more than what gets tracked up.

The SRT is needed to help the overall flow Killington and to help spread out the crowds.
Don't Killington Pico
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

boston_e wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:

The SRT is needed to help the overall flow Killington and to help spread out the crowds.
I'll agree to disagree on this one. I have mixed feelings on the SR chair and as mentioned above, gone are the days of Pico being the hidden gem on POW days. It still can be, but word is certainly out on that secret. Last week was a good example of that.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Seacoaster wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:

I'll agree to disagree on this one. I have mixed feelings on the SR chair and as mentioned above, gone are the days of Pico being the hidden gem on POW days. It still can be, but word is certainly out on that secret. Last week was a good example of that.
when powder days are as rare as hen's teeth you'll get that...

and

with the internet, smartphone, GPS, ski tracking apps etc...NOTHING is a "secret"...

and for the record madhatter made a stripe in the snow last week....not sure what the hype is all about... :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....