Vertigo Ice Cone

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

Vertigo Ice Cone

Post by throbster »

What is up with the cluster f#ck snow making ice-cone at the Vertigo/Snowshed crossover? You have two options for entering middle Vert: take the right side or the left side. Both involve sliding over finely polished ice while gaining warp speed, with a mogul field to greet your panicked body.

Perhaps it is time to do something about this f*** up?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: Vertigo Ice Cone

Post by Stormchaser »

throbster wrote:What is up with the cluster f#ck snow making ice-cone at the Vertigo/Snowshed crossover? You have two options for entering middle Vert: take the right side or the left side. Both involve sliding over finely polished ice while gaining warp speed, with a mogul field to greet your panicked body.

Challenge ACCEPTED!
ImageImageImageImage
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote:What is up with the cluster f#ck snow making ice-cone at the Vertigo/Snowshed crossover? You have two options for entering middle Vert: take the right side or the left side. Both involve sliding over finely polished ice while gaining warp speed, with a mogul field to greet your panicked body.

I don't think anything else is going to be done on vertigo this year. Go to skiers left and make a few turns thru the woods then return to vertigo.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

SPOT on... hit it Friday am...ruined a fresh pair O' BVD's
BostonSkier78
Beginner On Rentals

Post by BostonSkier78 »

At least they have the bumps on the bottom of it to slow you down! :D
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

experts only?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

daytripper wrote:

I don't think anything else is going to be done on vertigo this year. Go to skiers left and make a few turns thru the woods then return to vertigo.
I survived the death slide but my two buddies didn't ( much to my amusement). The foot of mashed potatoes ruled out entering through the woods.

TNT the iceberg!

- Simon and Garfunkel
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Might be a logistical issue with getting a Cat to spend some time at that specific location, which means it is not grooming acreage for the masses. Plus it probably requires a winch cat up the hill to stabilize the cat doing the work. Knowing how precious labor and machine hours are at K, any improvement there (or for the top headwall of ice) seems unlikely. Side entrances will have to suffice. At least it keeps the herbs from coming back for a second run there!

Of course, they spent a boatload of cash and huge manhours on building the pipe and all those dreammaker features. I'm sure there will be a big payback for that work very soon.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

WTF eastern skiers complaining about ice. Your ruining our image.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

yup dynamite might be the answer ... it's been mentioned in a number of daily reports. certainly thins the herd. a friend slid off the left side. wasn't easy getting out. guess they could groom it but it'll be an ice slide again in a couple hours. the good news is we should be able to ski it into june ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

skiadikt wrote:yup dynamite might be the answer ... it's been mentioned in a number of daily reports. certainly thins the herd. a friend slid off the left side. wasn't easy getting out. guess they could groom it but it'll be an ice slide again in a couple hours. the good news is we should be able to ski it into june ...
A good thing is all those rocks just over the edge will not bother anyone for quite some time.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Woodsrider wrote:WTF eastern skiers complaining about ice. Your ruining our image.
Try it out and get back to me.

- Simon and Garfunkel
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

throbster wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:WTF eastern skiers complaining about ice. Your ruining our image.
I did it Thursday, Friday and saturday. A couple sketchy turns and then awesome.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Woodsrider wrote:
throbster wrote:
I did it Thursday, Friday and saturday. A couple sketchy turns and then awesome.
Yeah well conditions were a bit different on Sunday.

- Simon and Garfunkel
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

brave.jpg
brave.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 1621 times