Vertigo Ice Cone

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Vertigo Ice Cone

Post by skiadikt »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Will someone please take a picture of this Vertigo Ice Cone so we can see what the heck three pages is all about.
fotos will not do this justice.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

See what I mean?
Attachments
Ice-formation-high-on-Mount-Stanley-by-Tim-Jarvis-copy.jpg
Ice-formation-high-on-Mount-Stanley-by-Tim-Jarvis-copy.jpg (154.02 KiB) Viewed 718 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Can I play in the complain game the some of our steeps are too tough and icy for most folks to ski. Let’s add the Ovation Headwall onto that list. Lets also add the Devils Den drop and Catwalk. When is the mountain going to make our best steeps easier to ski? It’s unfair the Killington discriminates against skiers of lesser ability by tempting them with pitches than are beyond their skill set.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I would like to file a complaint about the wind yesterday...was so strong on the access road I had to go on the other side of the car to take my boots off cuz the door kept blowing closed...Killington needs to install wind blocks in each parking space to prevent this...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Can I play in the complain game the some of our steeps are too tough and icy for most folks to ski. Let’s add the Ovation Headwall onto that list. Lets also add the Devils Den drop and Catwalk. When is the mountain going to make our best steeps easier to ski? It’s unfair the Killington discriminates against skiers of lesser ability by tempting them with pitches than are beyond their skill set.
Natural difficulty vs a man-made sh*tshow - different issue.

And oh by the way - they wasted alot of water with that mess - not very green.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

hillbangin wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Can I play in the complain game the some of our steeps are too tough and icy for most folks to ski. Let’s add the Ovation Headwall onto that list. Lets also add the Devils Den drop and Catwalk. When is the mountain going to make our best steeps easier to ski? It’s unfair the Killington discriminates against skiers of lesser ability by tempting them with pitches than are beyond their skill set.
Natural difficulty vs a man-made sh*tshow - different issue.

And oh by the way - they wasted alot of water with that mess - not very green.
Well said. Thanks for pointing out the logic that apparently is too much for some of the numbnuts on this forum.

- Simon and Garfunkel
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

All I can say is a week ago Monday was my best Vertigo drop ever, we came thru with only 3-4 tracks ahead of us and slayed that beast. Balls deep top to bottom with no concerns of what was underneath, in fact my kids thru 360's off the awesome Ice cone..... Go big or stop complaining on your way home.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Oh so it’s only that it is man made that makes it bad. Gotcha. That’s entirely different. My apologies. Then I would also like to complain about the half pipe. It is 2 feet too tall for me and way too icy. 2 of the Dream Maker jumps are too big. They need to shorten the gap. And OMG 2 of the ramps uses the same landing. What if 2 people collide in mid air? Lawyers will have a field day with Killington. Something must be done!!!

Go to Okemo. Don’t pussify Killington.
Last edited by Woodsrider on Feb 15th, '18, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Woodsrider wrote:Oh so it’s only that it is man made that makes it bad. Gotcha. That’s entirely different. My apologies. Then I would also like to complain about the half pipe. It is 2 feet too tall for me and way too icy. 2 of the Dream Maker jumps are too big. They need to shorten the gap. And OMG 2 of the ramps uses the same landing. What if 2 people collide in mid air? Lawyers will have a field day with Killington. Something must be done!!!

WUSS.
The midstation exit on the Snowdon Triple requires a similar effort...and that was designed, reviewed, and permitted before installation. Sack up.
ImageImageImageImage
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Anyone else feel that Throbster's name intrudes into their sensitive safe space? I think he should change it ASAP. Clearly man made and difficult to get by.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Woodsrider wrote:Oh so it’s only that it is man made that makes it bad. Gotcha. That’s entirely different. My apologies. Then I would also like to complain about the half pipe. It is 2 feet too tall for me and way too icy. 2 of the Dream Maker jumps are too big. They need to shorten the gap. And OMG 2 of the ramps uses the same landing. What if 2 people collide in mid air? Lawyers will have a field day with Killington. Something must be done!!!

Go to Okemo. Don’t pussify Killington.
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Seacoaster wrote:All I can say is a week ago Monday was my best Vertigo drop ever, we came thru with only 3-4 tracks ahead of us and slayed that beast. Balls deep top to bottom with no concerns of what was underneath, in fact my kids thru 360's off the awesome Ice cone..... Go big or stop complaining on your way home.
way cool...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

there was also a snowball almost half the size of a football on superstar yesterday, very difficult to see in the flat light and fog, ski patrol should have closed the trail or at least fenced off the hazard...

humpty sucks a pile of crap for breakfast--out...
mach es sehr schnell

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Wow, my "numbnuts" reference really struck a nerve.

I'll happily ski a day with anyone on this forum and then we can talk about who is a pussy over a beer or three. Unlike Driveway Star, I'll show up.

- Simon and Garfunkel
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Mister Moose wrote:Anyone else feel that Throbster's name intrudes into their sensitive safe space? I think he should change it ASAP. Clearly man made and difficult to get by.
What about Brownman's name? Should he change that to African American Man?