Monday

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jbkmart
Black Carver

Monday

Post by jbkmart »

If I get to post first, you know it sucked.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Monday

Post by hillbangin »

Looks like it will get softer Thursday.

I just cancelled a trip to UT ...This winter sucks - looking at Calgary for March.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Foggy cool start greeted the few that wandered in. Felt good to be back after a warm weather vacation. Hard frozen base now rules with the chatterory on Upper Bunny that had me tucking my tongue to keep it away from my teeth. Mouse Trap was decent with a cover of chickenheads on Lower Bunny. r*in has turned any good snow into base. Steeps are roped as the groomers could only try to salvage the easier trails. Afternoon sun did little to soften the frozen hard groomer lines on Highline. Week of staycation on tap.

Grade C-

Quote of the Day - Would not even recommend skiing today to an enemy.
Attachments
Chicken Heads.jpg
Chicken Heads.jpg (69.54 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Hardaroy.jpg
Hardaroy.jpg (83.7 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Superstar (1).jpg
Superstar (1).jpg (122.68 KiB) Viewed 768 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Today things were not great. The first day of grooming after a warmup and then freeze always sucks. Tomorrow will be better. At North Ridge early this morning things were pretty solid - only skied Rime and Reason/Upper East Fall. Great Northern was pretty good but Mouse Trap was pretty solid when I skied it. We decided to see if things were softer at Bear but that was not the case. Bear Claw was the softer one. Widfire had not been groomed. Skyburst skied very fast. At Needles only Cruise Control had been groomed and it was pretty badly groomed with lots of chunky monkey on it. In the Superstar pod, Superstar was closed when I was there, upper and middle Skylark were groomed pretty nicely as was Bittersweet. High Road should have been groomed better for all those Brit kids on it. The run down to Route 4 was probably pretty good but we passed on it. I went to the peak for an early lunch and then skied my last run on Highline which I had hoped had softened in the sun but that was not the case. I hope the people that were arriving as I was leaving got softer conditions than I dd.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Foggy cool start greeted the few that wandered in. Felt good to be back after a warm weather vacation. Hard frozen base now rules with the chatterory on Upper Bunny that had me tucking my tongue to keep it away from my teeth. Mouse Trap was decent with a cover of chickenheads on Lower Bunny. r*in has turned any good snow into base. Steeps are roped as the groomers could only try to salvage the easier trails. Afternoon sun did little to soften the frozen hard groomer lines on Highline. Week of staycation on tap.

Grade C-

Quote of the Day - Would not even recommend skiing today to an enemy.
Your quote suggests a worse grade would be more appropriate.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

February r*in is a major buzzkill. The mountain and VAST trails were in great shape before this weekends deluge. I left Plymouth on Rt 100 south around 1:45 Sunday afternoon and it was pouring r*in from there all the way to Jersey. Couldn't believe how little snow was left by the time I got to Bennington. Not looking good for late this week either. Was talking to a regular on the lift who said he heard the numbers were down quite a bit this year, wouldn't be surprised given the cold blasts and the three major r*in/thaw events we've had so far. February was looking good there for a minute or two.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

FWIW: From watching the radar through the day Sunday, we dodged a bullet relative to anywhere that was even just a few miles south of K.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Getting on the Tram for our second time, guy turns to me and says "well that sucked", then he says "wait, I could be at work" and every time I saw him the rest of the day he had a smile on his face...of course it didn't hurt that they brought a cooler full of beers up to the top on the 1st run. I'll call the day a success because I finally took some time to get branches from a fallen dead tree out of the way of interrupting an excellent line in the woods.
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Wife and I skied bromley yesterday. They only had lower lifts spinning which was fine, but their southerly exposure and full sunshine did wonders to soften the snow. Got there at 12:30 and by 130 it was really, really good. Of course by 3 we were bored stiff and took off shortly thereafter.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

DES wrote:Getting on the Tram for our second time, guy turns to me and says "well that sucked", then he says "wait, I could be at work" and every time I saw him the rest of the day he had a smile on his face...of course it didn't hurt that they brought a cooler full of beers up to the top on the 1st run. I'll call the day a success because I finally took some time to get branches from a fallen dead tree out of the way of interrupting an excellent line in the woods.
Where are you skiing? Did you mean to say gondola instead of tram?
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
DES wrote:Getting on the Tram for our second time, guy turns to me and says "well that sucked", then he says "wait, I could be at work" and every time I saw him the rest of the day he had a smile on his face...of course it didn't hurt that they brought a cooler full of beers up to the top on the 1st run. I'll call the day a success because I finally took some time to get branches from a fallen dead tree out of the way of interrupting an excellent line in the woods.
Where are you skiing? Did you mean to say gondola instead of tram?
[/quote]

DES is Cannon based so the answer to your question is no.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.