You know what's funny?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

You know what's funny?

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

When dogs take a dump and then walk away from it and use their hind legs to try to cover it up with grass or leaves. My dog walks to the side of the poopie mound or about five feet away and comes nowhere close to covering it. I'm amused every time. So much so, that I have now taken up the same action. After I drop a dookie, I wipe, flush and wash my hands. Then I use my legs to scratch the floor backwards as I exit them bathroom. At first it was unintentional, as I thought I had something stuck on the bottom of my bare feet. Butt the FPOW saw me do it and started cracking up because she I was mimicking a dog. Now it has become the norm if I know someone is around to see it.

Try it with your friends, kids, co-workers or significant other. Good for a laugh.

These boots were made for scratching. And that's just what they'll do, out.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Re: You know what's funny?

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

bidding on this fine.....specimen........................................................................
Attachments
carlpooldoody.jpg
carlpooldoody.jpg (54.72 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:When dogs take a dump and then walk away from it and use their hind legs to try to cover it up with grass or leaves. My dog walks to the side of the poopie mound or about five feet away and comes nowhere close to covering it. I'm amused every time. So much so, that I have now taken up the same action. After I drop a dookie, I wipe, flush and wash my hands. Then I use my legs to scratch the floor backwards as I exit them bathroom. At first it was unintentional, as I thought I had something stuck on the bottom of my bare feet. Butt the FPOW saw me do it and started cracking up because she I was mimicking a dog. Now it has become the norm if I know someone is around to see it.

Try it with your friends, kids, co-workers or significant other. Good for a laugh.

Though I appreciate animal mimicry, I don't think your dog is actually trying to cover it; it's more of a poop flinging exercise. Dogs try to spread their scent by scratching and kicking the area around their excrements, liquid and solid. My two dogs kick and scratch afterwards, but only at Killington where many dogs in the condo complex are all marking/spreading their "scent". At home in the yard they just piss or sh*t and walk away.

Now how well they truly spread their scent by scratching 5' away from the doglog, I'm not sure. I'm guessing what bounces off picks up scent. Perhaps what passes through the aerosolized area also picks up scent.

So, what does that mean? Your kicking and scratching around the bowl, is likely much less effective than your dog's efforts, butt the good news is you can adapt your habits. Just splash some toilet water around the bathroom and hallway before you flush. Your lavatory should be well marked by spring.
ImageImageImageImage
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Why ask why :?:

:seeya
The Blond Wolf.jpg
The Blond Wolf.jpg (258.54 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Stormchaser wrote:
Humpty Dumpty wrote:When dogs take a dump and then walk away from it and use their hind legs to try to cover it up with grass or leaves. My dog walks to the side of the poopie mound or about five feet away and comes nowhere close to covering it. I'm amused every time. So much so, that I have now taken up the same action. After I drop a dookie, I wipe, flush and wash my hands. Then I use my legs to scratch the floor backwards as I exit them bathroom. At first it was unintentional, as I thought I had something stuck on the bottom of my bare feet. Butt the FPOW saw me do it and started cracking up because she I was mimicking a dog. Now it has become the norm if I know someone is around to see it.

Though I appreciate animal mimicry, I don't think your dog is actually trying to cover it; it's more of a poop flinging exercise. Dogs try to spread their scent by scratching and kicking the area around their excrements, liquid and solid. My two dogs kick and scratch afterwards, but only at Killington where many dogs in the condo complex are all marking/spreading their "scent". At home in the yard they just piss or sh*t and walk away.

Now how well they truly spread their scent by scratching 5' away from the doglog, I'm not sure. I'm guessing what bounces off picks up scent. Perhaps what passes through the aerosolized area also picks up scent.

So, what does that mean? Your kicking and scratching around the bowl, is likely much less effective than your dog's efforts, butt the good news is you can adapt your habits. Just splash some toilet water around the bathroom and hallway before you flush. Your lavatory should be well marked by spring.
Ah! Spreading the scent. Makes scents to me. I will now observe the canines in the crapotorium in a new light. Although my dog isn't very good it, she thinks she is. Sounds like a KZoner with self esteem issues we all know.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

:lol: .. butt .. where's the bum race après ..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

My understanding is dogs are spreading the scent of their feet, an odiferous part of a dog. They are not kicking dirt, they are wiping feet.

So if Humpty is barefoot when he does this he might send a message to any neighborhood dogs.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Mister Moose wrote:My understanding is dogs are spreading the scent of their feet, an odiferous part of a dog. They are not kicking dirt, they are wiping feet.

So if Humpty is barefoot when he does this he might send a message to any neighborhood dogs.
Finn?
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Wow - Must be pretty bad if this is what the K-Zone forum is discussing in more detail than the mountain info.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

After the euphoria last week, no surprise whatsoever.
Topic is Relevant .. Conditions are dog sh!t right now.

Me and the Pygmy ponies are moving to Montana soon ..

Forever .. Goat Path
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

brownman wrote:After the euphoria last week, no surprise whatsoever.
Topic is Relevant .. Conditions are dog sh!t right now.

Me and the Pygmy ponies are moving to Montana soon ..

OK - Guess I should just pack my bags and head off to Austria for a week !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Well .. Europe conditions are epic right now.
We know you're Jonesing for some true headwall cone hucking. :wink:

Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Identifying animals by their sh!t...

black bear scat

brown bear scat

white tail deer scat

humpty scat

happy now bitch? got what ya wanted?
Last edited by madhatter on Feb 17th, '18, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Have so many piles of deer sh*t in my backyard. Wish I could thin the herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

icedtea wrote:Have so many piles of deer sh*t in my backyard. Wish I could thin the herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dogs have been eating rabbit crap in the yard. Gave em some sort of parasite... My wife wants me to eliminate the rabbit droppings or prevent the dogs from eating it. I think the only solution is no rabbits. Anyone here shoot backyard animals? Anyone eat them? I've never owned or shot a gun, hunted my own food, or gutted and skinned an animal (other than a fish). Any danger eating backyard rabbits? Any good recipes?
ImageImageImageImage