You know what's funny?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: You know what's funny?

Post by Dr. NO »

Stormchaser wrote:
icedtea wrote:Have so many piles of deer sh*t in my backyard. Wish I could thin the herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dogs have been eating rabbit crap in the yard. Gave em some sort of parasite... My wife wants me to eliminate the rabbit droppings or prevent the dogs from eating it. I think the only solution is no rabbits. Anyone here shoot backyard animals? Anyone eat them? I've never owned or shot a gun, hunted my own food, or gutted and skinned an animal (other than a fish). Any danger eating backyard rabbits? Any good recipes?
BBQ and then serve up whole. Tastes just like Chicken :wink:

Requires a small game license and permission to use in you neighborhood. 20 gauge or 410 shotgun should do the trick and not travel too far. Been a LONG time since Hunted anything since I left Wyoming. Did drop a ground hog that was invading everyone's gardens. Conveniently dropped down his own hole. Used a .22 sub sonic round which only goes about 900 to 1200 ft / sec. Gutting is not for the weak of stomach.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Dr. NO wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
icedtea wrote:Have so many piles of deer sh*t in my backyard. Wish I could thin the herd.

My dogs have been eating rabbit crap in the yard. Gave em some sort of parasite... My wife wants me to eliminate the rabbit droppings or prevent the dogs from eating it. I think the only solution is no rabbits. Anyone here shoot backyard animals? Anyone eat them? I've never owned or shot a gun, hunted my own food, or gutted and skinned an animal (other than a fish). Any danger eating backyard rabbits? Any good recipes?

Requires a small game license and permission to use in you neighborhood. 20 gauge or 410 shotgun should do the trick and not travel too far. Been a LONG time since Hunted anything since I left Wyoming. Did drop a ground hog that was invading everyone's gardens. Conveniently dropped down his own hole. Used a .22 sub sonic round which only goes about 900 to 1200 ft / sec. Gutting is not for the weak of stomach.
Bay 1 it is. Wasscilly Wabbit grilled whole.

I'm thinking 1000+ fps .177 caliber air rifle. Cottontail permit from MassFishGame through the end of the month.
ImageImageImageImage
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Stormchaser wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Bay 1 it is. Wasscilly Wabbit grilled whole.

I'm thinking 1000+ fps .177 caliber air rifle. Cottontail permit from MassFishGame through the end of the month.
I have a 1250fps .177 that I kill ground hogs with every year. I use jacketed hollow point Destroyer pellets, sometimes coated with poisonous frog slime just in case the initial hit doesn't kill them, which does happen sometimes. For squirrels, I use the venerable Crossman 760 Pumpmaster with three or four pumps, not to kill them, butt to give them a nice welt or limp so they go back to tell their friends to stay away from old man Humpty. Your standard Johnny wad cutter pellet or bb works fine in this case.

I leave the rabbits alone. I kinda like them. Although it is cool to watch the hawks grab them.

Gutting an animal is no big deal.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Stormchaser wrote:
icedtea wrote:Anyone here shoot backyard animals? Anyone eat them? I've never owned or shot a gun, hunted my own food, or gutted and skinned an animal (other than a fish). Any danger eating backyard rabbits? Any good recipes?
Came across this for you in my internet travels.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/how-to-skin-small-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.outdoorlife.com/how-to-butcher-rabbit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;