monday 2/19/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 2/19/2018

Post by skiadikt »

a beauty out there today. sunshine, pleasant temps & lighter crowds. enjoyed all the bear groomers at the open. explored needles area nats like upper needles & thimble. certainly scratch & hard stuff underneath but more than enough pow to soften the blow. vertigo (mid down) skied well as did old supe. snowdon trees good. lower cascade skied so well that it made the upper runs fun. closed out on breakaway which was softening under the afternoon sun.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Spyderman
Bumper

Re: monday 2/19/2018

Post by Spyderman »

Glorious day at K. Skied with “The G Force” and a friend at Beat, Needles, Bittersweet, Cruise, Bitter Highroad, and Superstar. Wonderful runs then a trip to the Peak Lodge for a “Hello Katie” !! R Word has arrived. Glad I skied today.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

What a wonderful day of skiing we had. Breakaway was in great shape. OL still looked slick so I passed on it. Would have liked to try a Devil's Fiddle but it looked a bit bare from below. The groomers skied well. I also liked the woods in the Bear area. The Dreammaker headwall was nice as long as you avoided the rocks. At Needles, lower Cruise had some chunky monkey going on and lots of people on it. Panic skied better than yesterday. I liked the Chunell to Needles under the gondola. Also enjoyed being able to ski Stitchline. Middle Vertigo was icy underneath and I avoided the lower entrance by going through the trees and coming out just below the ice section. Lower part skied well. Bittersweet was very crowded but I got to ski the old headwall all by myself. Skyhawk skied very well and so did Skylark. Old Superstar was good and middle Superstar and skiers left on the lower part was pretty good. Ovation headwall is pretty icy. The rest of Ovation skied well for me - the rest of my crew passed on it but I had fun skiing it. Vagabond, Northstar and Great Bear were pretty good with Great Bear being the least favorite. Patsy skied well. My favorite was the line I found in Low Rider with still fresh snow to ski. North Ridge and Powerline had some nice snow but some trouble spots too. Lower Catwalk was fun and Conclusion had some compacted snow.

Edit: I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture of the icy entrance to lower Vertigo. I'll try to remember the next time I ski it.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Great day to end the weekend. Lots of powder to be found still.

Also a Royal Flush run baked in the sun was a nice treat.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh