tuesday 2/20/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 2/20/2018

Post by skiadikt »

amazing the difference 2 days could make. just yesterday we were skiing the trees but mama nature won't play fair. the blow torch has left devastation with thin & bare spots and base ice rearing their ugly heads. found a nice dry 3 hr mid-day window where the sun even showed her face for a spell. as expected soft, hero snow was the rule. sampled groomers & nats at bear, needles, supe & snowdon and everything skied equally well. sotd (surprise of the day) was finding lower vertigo groomed, so for the faint of heart - this your chance. fwiw, nivis walk is an ice floe edge-to-edge for much of it's length. the sky started dripping and the fog rolled back in while in the canyon ending my day.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: tuesday 2/20/2018

Post by ozzy »

Drop socks, grab cawks. We're effed.
Down to hard glacial ice in the middle of just about all trails. Sides are still have maluable snow.
Not god and tomorrows gunna be warmer.
Heres to hoping they undertake a massive resurface status come weds night
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
bruceol
Green Skidder

Post by bruceol »

There will be no resurfacing Wed night....it will warm right back up and r*in off and on thru the weekend...we are doomed....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Same thing last year - then we got the St Patty's storm.......
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

skiadikt wrote: sotd (surprise of the day) was finding lower vertigo groomed, so for the faint of heart - this your chance.
I had a different Vertigo experience - more towards the end of the day.

The snow cone has been moderated. Lower was all bumped up. So either
1) skiadkt was lost in the fog and is reporting on Panic Button
2) They only groomed one stripe wide which then bumped up
3) skiadkt made 1,000 laps and bumped it up himself

Yes, there be dragons. Current temp is 56 degrees. Not only is base ice showing, but mud balls are out there. Slush ponds are out there. Culverts spewing a pipefull are out there. Canals were being dug everywhere. I literally water skied a brook from the KBL hump to the gondola stairs. Current weather: Warm r*in with wind and snow eating fog. If you kept your mouth closed over the rattletrap ice floes, the rest of the skiing was actually pretty good.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Mister Moose wrote:
skiadikt wrote: sotd (surprise of the day) was finding lower vertigo groomed, so for the faint of heart - this your chance.
I had a different Vertigo experience - more towards the end of the day.

The snow cone has been moderated. Lower was all bumped up. So either
1) skiadkt was lost in the fog and is reporting on Panic Button
2) They only groomed one stripe wide which then bumped up
3) skiadkt made 1,000 laps and bumped it up himself

Yes, there be dragons. Current temp is 56 degrees. Not only is base ice showing, but mud balls are out there. Slush ponds are out there. Culverts spewing a pipefull are out there. Canals were being dug everywhere. I literally water skied a brook from the KBL hump to the gondola stairs. Current weather: Warm r*in with wind and snow eating fog. If you kept your mouth closed over the rattletrap ice floes, the rest of the skiing was actually pretty good.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

My favorite run today was OL because it had soften up and you could make good turns on it. Groomers were all good. We skied Escapade first thing and since no one else had skied it we had to deal with spongy snow. I was so mad with myself for not going back up for another run yesterday as I had intended to ski Escapade to Flume. Everyone who skied them yesterday (including the Snow Princess) raved about how good they were yesterday. Today was a different story and as others have already said, the r*in did a lot of damage to the natural trails and even to some that had seen man made snow. Glad I went out because it turned out to be a good day. Tomorrow I will be in full spring gear - today was partial spring gear.