New York State Thruway between Albany and Harriman NY

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

New York State Thruway between Albany and Harriman NY

Post by KingsFourMan »

Can anyone explain why the NY State Thruway between Albany and Harriman, NY is still 2 lanes in each direction? Isn't adding a third lane like 20 years overdue? Don't the people that depend on tourism in the Catskills, Berkshires, Adirondacks, Lake George, VT, etc., all lobby the state of NY for this to happen?
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
RENO
Whipping Post

Re: New York State Thruway between Albany and Harriman NY

Post by RENO »

KingsFourMan wrote:Can anyone explain why the NY State Thruway between Albany and Harriman, NY is still 2 lanes in each direction? Isn't adding a third lane like 20 years overdue? Don't the people that depend on tourism in the Catskills, Berkshires, Adirondacks, Lake George, VT, etc., all lobby the state of NY for this to happen?
Although I agree this would be nice, can you imagine the construction nightmare! This project would last 20 years! :lol:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: New York State Thruway between Albany and Harriman NY

Post by Dr. NO »

RENO wrote:
KingsFourMan wrote:Can anyone explain why the NY State Thruway between Albany and Harriman, NY is still 2 lanes in each direction? Isn't adding a third lane like 20 years overdue? Don't the people that depend on tourism in the Catskills, Berkshires, Adirondacks, Lake George, VT, etc., all lobby the state of NY for this to happen?
Although I agree this would be nice, can you imagine the construction nightmare! This project would last 20 years! :lol:
Be like I-84 from Torrington to Danbury, 3 lanes down to 2 until you hit NY and beyond. Been under construction since I started field service work in '82 and still not complete.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?