PSA - lifts delayed until 9:00 or later 2/21!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

PSA - lifts delayed until 9:00 or later 2/21!!

Post by MrsG »

Moonscape this morning - need to get some trails skiable - so late opening!!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: PSA - lifts delayed until 9:00 or later 2/21!!

Post by daytripper »

Website says it's 56 degrees and sunny, I'm assuming the website it wrong? How cold did it get last night?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

No way it set up .. they must be redistributing whatever remains.

Will be running out the O'Neils today :sad:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

WELCOME TO THE SNOW REPORT
Current Conditions
(as of Wednesday, February 21, 2018)

Lifts are delayed until 9:00 a.m. for grooming.

We'll have an unusual Wednesday here, Pico fans, for a couple reasons - we're not usually open on Wednesdays, and it's not usually 60 degrees or warmer when we are open for skiing and riding. Both of things are true today though. Snow conditions are a bit unusual this morning too. With temps around 50 degrees last night, we expected soft snow, but that was not the case this morning. We'll be delayed a bit as we groom some terrain this morning.

pico report
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Wait until tomorrow when everything refreezes. Ugh!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

They did the right thing by not grooming :like
Once they begin, they'll be facing equipment challenges
Not much they can plow. Need to dam up some sections.
Not posting pictures .. purposely :sad:

Other than that, the skiing today was particularly hideous :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I went to Loon today, they opened the Gondi at 7:50 am and skied I till 2 pm. North Peak was frozen over first thing, so I lapped the Kanc Quad at the bottom half of the mountain. It was soft and really good. By 11 am, the entire mountain was skiing fantastic, ego-hero snow. South Peak was top to bottom-non stop, soft-buttery-cream cheese, effortless. I must have taken 30 lifts, ski right on every time, well over 40,000 vertical today.

Hard to believe Killington was so different?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Bubba wrote:Wait until tomorrow when everything refreezes. Ugh!
like the mtn, was surprised that things locked up so tight. assuming they won't get a full night of grooming tonite either. tomorrow could be fugly.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

daytripper wrote:Website says it's 56 degrees and sunny, I'm assuming the website it wrong? How cold did it get last night?
I pulled into the Bear Mnt lot at 8:15 AM and the car thermometer read 60 degrees, but everything was frozen solid. I bailed for the Snowden Quad and got some laps over there before more lifts started to open. Very limited grooming took place, but was required to be skiable. Water was running everywhere. it will need at least 3 grooms with snowmaking and some white stuff from the sky to fix this mess. The bases looks real thin in spots, like mud and grass and rocks! Mother Nature you cruel bitch!! On the way home the temp hit 78 outside of Manchvegas, NH. When I left K it was 64 next to the Snowden Quad. Killington, pleas fix the temp reading on the web page, it has been stuck at 56 for at least a day now.

I guess I will hit loon on Friday since conditions sounded better. Was it crowded since this is Mass vacation week Fast?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Big Bob wrote:
daytripper wrote:Website says it's 56 degrees and sunny, I'm assuming the website it wrong? How cold did it get last night?
I pulled into the Bear Mnt lot at 8:15 AM and the car thermometer read 60 degrees, but everything was frozen solid. I bailed for the Snowden Quad and got some laps over there before more lifts started to open. Very limited grooming took place, but was required to be skiable. Water was running everywhere. it will need at least 3 grooms with snowmaking and some white stuff from the sky to fix this mess. The bases looks real thin in spots, like mud and grass and rocks! Mother Nature you cruel bitch!! On the way home the temp hit 78 outside of Manchvegas, NH. When I left K it was 64 next to the Snowden Quad. Killington, pleas fix the temp reading on the web page, it has been stuck at 56 for at least a day now.

I guess I will hit loon on Friday since conditions sounded better. Was it crowded since this is Mass vacation week Fast?
No, ski right on every lift; even the Gondi in the singles lines was walk right up. I was surprised it wasn't crowded.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!