potential good news..

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

potential good news..

Post by madhatter »

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/nati ... g-to-study" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drinking alcohol increases longevity more than exercise, according to study
A new study has found that those who drink moderate amounts of alcohol or coffee lived longer than those who didn’t, reports the Chicago Tribune.

The research was led by University of California neurologist Claudia Kawas who tracked 1,700 nonagenarians enrolled in the 90+ study, which began in 2003.

According to researchers, those who drank roughly two glasses of beer or wine a day were 18 percent less likely to experience premature death.

The findings mean that, according to the research, drinking alcohol increased longevity more than exercise.

The study found that participants who exercised 15 to 45 minutes a day cut their risk of early death by 11 percent.

And good news for coffee lovers. Participants who drank two cups of coffee a day also increased longevity by 10 percent.

The study also found that people who were overweight in their 70s lived longer than normal or underweight people.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Re: potential good news..

Post by Kpdemello »

Just don't drink too much, or you end up nuts:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/health/a ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Using data from the French National Hospital Discharge database, the researchers found that alcohol-use disorders were diagnosed in 16.5% of the men with dementia and 4% of the women with dementia -- over twice as much as in those without dementia for both sexes.
Alcohol-use disorders refer to "the chronic harmful use of alcohol or alcohol dependence," the researchers wrote.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Hmmm. Think I'm going to apply for a grant to study the longevity increase of people that both drink beer and ski. Of course I'll need to find a number of people that do both. Sure would be nice if there was a place I could go to where these people occurred in a much higher density...
skimom
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skimom »

I knew it! :banana: Nobody would ever listen to me. Thanks mad hatter :Toast