thursday 2/22/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 2/22/2018

Post by skiadikt »

pretty difficult day out there. snowdon, rams & snowshed opened on time. after that we were playing the 'find the open lift' game. conditions easily made the bottom five of the season. mtn did what it could with a late groom, attempting to cover huge ice floes, bare spots and open water. best snow was probably on rime with guns running t-t-b taking us back to early november rather than late feb. predominant condition was deep sugar/sand & chunky monkey covering ice. we lucked out & caught the opening of bear shortly after 11 and those runs skied well for a while. started snowing as i waved the white flag. every little bit helps but the mtn needs to go back to dec/jan full-on snowmaking and that's probably not gonna happen ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: thursday 2/22/2018

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I only skied two runs after Skiadikt left. The top part of High Road was an icy mess with kids sliding down on their buttocks but once you passed the sign it got better. Middle Skylark has some nice snow on the left side. Had lunch at the mountain trying to decide whether to go back out but despite the snow that was falling, I decided that it was not enough to cover the skied off conditions so I called it a day.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Geez. I can't wait to get up there tomorrow..... :roll:
Where is Happy Hour ?
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

What a great November day - snow storm and all....
Feb 22 Snow Storm.JPG
Feb 22 Snow Storm.JPG (37.91 KiB) Viewed 405 times